Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forest Breed Show - Alf's Results

Default New Forest Breed Show - Alf's Results

Bitter sweet for us!

8:30am saw us in a massive HOYS class - and we got pulled in 4th after the go round!
    He then went and done on of his unpredictable infamous dramatic spooks in his individual. Yet again for no reason. You can't see it coming and he's 100% settled immediately after. It's driving me insane.

Anyway, next class was a big 138cm & Under Open class. Initial pull in was 3rd. Judge said do a show to wow him.... I've been intensely practicing his halts on the diagonal so I courageously opted to try it in my show - and it worked! Canter to halt then back to canter on the other leg! Yey! He galloped well and won the class.

We then went on to be Rider/Owner reserve champion too!

I have pics of his haul but his breeder is sending me pics she took tonight

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409129397.010919.jpg
    Native pony addict!

Well done! What a shame about your HOYS class. He's still young, isn't he? Looking forward to the pictures!

Ahhh fantastic!!! Shame about the HOYS class but with he sounds like he pulled it out the bag after!!
    This year (in my area) horses were spookier then I have ever known and it was down to a lack of magnesium in the grass, might be worth looking into one of these calmers as I fed Ted over his iffy period the equimins one and he quickly settled - just a thought

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Impressive show. I wish could do canter to halt with Murphy and back to canter. Just started doing walk to canter it's very messy haha.

Just out of curiosity how often do you school him?

Well done, that is fabulous
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Well done.

Thanks all - he redeemed himself nicely haha! Shame it wasn't the other way round, but he is only 7 and this is only his second year and season under saddle!

I school him 4 or 5 times a week and hack 2 or 3 times. Despite both our hatred of hacking haha
    Native pony addict!

Think I need to up my schooling, I hate it though. Love hacking, I do school out hacking though. At the minute I only school once a week and have an hour lesson once a fortnight.

If you dont like schooling, swt yourself little things to 'crack' each time. Thats what i try and do!

Couple of pics from breeder:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409170780.576767.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409170794.124078.jpg
    Native pony addict!

Ahhhhh pretty pretty Alfie. Looks beautiful as always.
    If only you lived closer you could school murphy and I'd hack Alfie lol.