Thread: Inhand working?

Default Inhand working?

Just recently I've become really interested in watching videos of people working their horse Inhand. I can long rein mine but it's nothing special.

Does anyone do any proper inhand work a bit more than just basic long reining and lunging? Some of the things I've watched just look amazing and I really think with Tegan and Alfie, but Alfie especially it would be really really beneficial for him.

Any advice from anyone or anyone able to point me in the direction of any books or trainers that may cover the cambs area?

I do horse agility just in the school at the yard. Teaches horses respect and distance. Always do an s with poles and walk through and back up through it.
    Often use tarp, walk over, stand on, ect
    Two poles close to one another to work on straightness.
    I have a single pole which we practice half pass on and square halts.
    Turn on the forhand turn on the haunches with the fenceline
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

The tarp all of mine are fab on I often lunge them over my tarp in walk trot and canter. Well not at the moment as last YO got rid of one of my sheets which covered my hay so I'm having to use the other one to cover some hay now.

Working with poles like that sounds like a good idea too, might have a play about tomorrow. There's a chance in the winter that riding might not be possible too much depending how wet my new fields get so if I can get some inhand stuff going with them I could possibly at least do some of that a few times a week if necessary.