Thread: King went to a show, and qualified for some stuff! *pics*

Default King went to a show, and qualified for some stuff! *pics*

My friend offered to take us to a show today (we have no transport and I hate asking, plus he only travels well with their pony - he's officially a ponce now!!) so off we toddled with no set plan having not entered anything.

Started of my friend having a mild migraine and wasn't sure if she'd be ok to drive. So D and I got ponies ready to let her sleep as long as possible. Luckily she felt ok having caught it early enough, and she was ok to drive! After some loading cafuffle (king loaded, pony wouldn't. King panicked he was alone and scared himself needing to come out ) but eventually off we went.

The longest trip king has done in AGES on a box and he was super quiet, seems he likes travelling forwards with a buddy.

Got to show and D had young handler first thing. Cue king screaming his face of for 35 mins and getting filthy looks of all the snobby pony club families. She did really well though, and came 2nd.

Then went and got kingy ready for handsome gelding. D was going to do it, then changed her mind (to scruffier equine!) so I had to brave going in on my own. He was a SUPERstar 😍😍 was only walk, but he was pretty calm, only called a handful of time and went where he was told when. The only thing he didn't understand was the line up - where we were 3rd!!! Clever Bear

Then we had an hour break (became 2hrs!) before the next class so untacked and cooled off, watched D do her in hand, then she had a MASSIVE nosebleed on her pony. She coped so well bless her, and king and pony were stars. I had both boys in one hand and was catching blood and holding D's nose with the other. Somehow no blood went anywhere and we managed to sort her. Sadly she had to go almost straight into her SJ class, and she got v lightheaded. Pony was super and looked after her saying no, this is daft let's stop now. He's a dude!

Then king did riding club horse. Again a super ponio. We ended up going in the ring first (he wouldn't leave others a while ago!) and then doing our show first - I've never done a show before!!! And we had to do a little fence. Luckily they made it small for me. We got canter on both legs and he was nice and soft the whole time. Sadly he saw the fence a stride out and got a shock so climbed it! But, we got pulled in 4th!!!! 😍😍😍 such a superstar on his first time out.

In both classes we have qualified for the sunshine tour classes at the end of the month we are decided whether to go or not as D has also qualified.

What a clever pony 😍😍 had a slight discussion to load coming home with both boys, but again travelled sweetly. King is pooped now bless him, and he never wee's off the yard!! Was busting when we got home I think

So, all in all, a fab day and I love my pony

Well done you that's fab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really great. Pleased you had a good day! He looks really well and you both look very smart

Well done glad you had a good day, love your professional pic of him looking all poncey

Thanks guys. I'm super super chuffed with him. We've come a very long way in 7 years.

For those of you who don't know I have had massive confidence issues over the years, so getting on at a show, loading him, cantering in a field and jumping with people watching are all HUGE things for us. So pleased hoping we will get to the sunshine your too