Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Affiliated showing?

please his feathers are not usually this huge! This was before I bought my own and couldn't pay out each time. they horrify me here!

How big is he!? Too small for a hogged show cob so maybe grow his mane and show him in Native/traditional classes.
    And if you need to work on getting an outline I would definately work on this before showing him at qualifiers / society shows. He could do Rc pony classes and local ridden cob.

I think he is too small and is lacking a massive amount of muscle and topline.

Spend the winter growing everything and having weekly lessons to learn how to work him correctly and build the muscle and condition.

Then go from there. The cob classes (trad/native/show) are hotly contested classes at affiliated level so you will want to have everything right.
    Native pony addict!

If you work on the above ^^^ as suggested by Red you could do Coblet classes? These are not affiliated though. They are for ponys that are under 14.2 that are of Cob type, turned out as a mini show cob. If you grow mane and feathers then as I suggested you could do TGC society classes. Please dont be under the illusion that showing is an easy "option" compared to SJ and DR especially at affiliated level, your horse/pony still needs to be very well schooled and able to at least do a decent prelim dressage test.

he is other 14.2 and this photo was taken a while ago, his instructor says he's ready so I believe he is. I mean more than a year ago for a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I think he is too small and is lacking a massive amount of muscle and topline.

Spend the winter growing everything and having weekly lessons to learn how to work him correctly and build the muscle and condition.

Then go from there. The cob classes (trad/native/show) are hotly contested classes at affiliated level so you will want to have everything right.
    he's over 15 hands? Also this photo was taken a while ago! His fitness is something I'm most proud of now

Actually he's not! He's 15 hands and the smallest is 14.1. yes draw reins is the only step fowards, he's the right horse for hogged show cob. and if he wasn't I would never grow it back, their the most dreadful things!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Actually he's not! He's 15 hands and the smallest is 14.1. yes draw reins is the only step fowards, he's the right horse for hogged show cob. and if he wasn't I would never grow it back, their the most dreadful things!
    This doesn't make sense?! Is he 15hh or 14.1hh?! And why on earth are draw reins the only step forwards? Surely correct schooling and management are....?

Quote Originally Posted by MileAMinute View Post
    This doesn't make sense?! Is he 15hh or 14.1hh?! And why on earth are draw reins the only step forwards? Surely correct schooling and management are....?
    I mean the smallest cob allowed is 14.1 but he's 15 hands

???? Draw reins are not the answer at all
    Are you on a wind up? You say he can't work in an outline but hey, just stick him in draw reins and you'll be at HOYS next year!