Thread: Stable and box mirrors

Default Stable and box mirrors

Wondering what experience you have of these and what success/failure you had using them in stables and in trailer/lorry??

North Yorkshire

I got a mirror for Salsa not long after I bought him in the hope that it would help settle him down while stabled and reduce his weaving. Initially, he was terrified of it then decided that he liked it and would periodically go over, appear to be checking himself out and press his top lip against it, usually while eating It didn't make a bit of difference to the weaving but it was very amusing.
    My dad's cob, Jacob, tried the mirror out for a little while but he was aggressive towards it, kicking the wall and lunging at his reflection so it came down again when he didn't settle.

I haven't tried one for traveling but after seeing Jacob's reaction and Sal's initial upset, I would test out a stable mirror first if the horse hadn't seen one before, just in case.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

Oops I see I did a duplicate thread sorry (mustve been in my sick doped up state) but thanks for replying!

Yes I am thinking one will like it and the other wont so wont be any good in the box either.