Thread: Could have been alot worse :(

Default Could have been alot worse :(

Left home for our now usual short route and horses in field opposite ran over to see us setting my mare off just as lorry turned in to road so I clattered off a bit and other half's horse followed suit. Of course people would think it was the lorry and we shouldnt be on the road

I had settled mine and looked thinking he was ok and asked him was he all right and he said no.

We got round corner into lane and stopped. He told me lanky had jumped about when she jumped about and slipped on the wet road going down on one knee and his nose on the ground nearly sending hubby flying out of the saddle

Checked lanky and tiny bit of skin off knee but not broken skin or bleeding, a nick on each fetlock but not too bad and seemed ok to walk back home

He is grand bless him but couldve been so much worse hence why I hate hacking past horses and cows on my horse

There's one particular field near us that I despise riding past. It has 3 17hh grey stallions in it......they are fine....... but my mare is the worlds biggest tart and she likes to put on a show for them involving leaping in the air and snorting loudly.
    Glad your OH's horse is OK

Glad you are all OK.

We had absolute carnage on our ride yesterday resulting in a friend with a cracked rib but that was down to Daegan having a complete manners failure

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    There's one particular field near us that I despise riding past. It has 3 17hh grey stallions in it......they are fine....... but my mare is the worlds biggest tart and she likes to put on a show for them involving leaping in the air and snorting loudly.
    Glad your OH's horse is OK
    The cows that stampede have gone whoopee but now we have the mare and her yearling opposite who neigh at ours and me opening gate lol plus my mare was oddly in season so tart is the right word!

Quote Originally Posted by madlady View Post
    Glad you are all OK.

We had absolute carnage on our ride yesterday resulting in a friend with a cracked rib but that was down to Daegan having a complete manners failure
    Oh no what happened?? Of course it was me and my horse's fault again lol.

Hate to think if he had fell off and his horse bolted where we wouldve all been and the traffic......shuddering at the thought....

Quote Originally Posted by jam14 View Post
    Oh no what happened?? Of course it was me and my horse's fault again lol.

Hate to think if he had fell off and his horse bolted where we wouldve all been and the traffic......shuddering at the thought....
    A friend came to ride out with us on her nice quiet mare. Daegan took offence to new mare and purposely backed up into her kicking out as he went (not like him at all) he paid no attention at all to his rider, friend tried to get her horse out of the way, came off and landed on a fence post cracking a rib. Daegan carried on being a maniac and had a go at Freyja and Dandea needless to say he is now in complete disgrace and we will be having a couple of sessions reminding him of his manners!

I don't care how much kicking and squealing they do in the fields but to carry on like that when a rider is on board is not acceptable for me. We were planning to go on a fun ride in a few weeks - I've now cancelled that because I now just don't trust him with others.

Quote Originally Posted by madlady View Post
    A friend came to ride out with us on her nice quiet mare. Daegan took offence to new mare and purposely backed up into her kicking out as he went (not like him at all) he paid no attention at all to his rider, friend tried to get her horse out of the way, came off and landed on a fence post cracking a rib. Daegan carried on being a maniac and had a go at Freyja and Dandea needless to say he is now in complete disgrace and we will be having a couple of sessions reminding him of his manners!

I don't care how much kicking and squealing they do in the fields but to carry on like that when a rider is on board is not acceptable for me. We were planning to go on a fun ride in a few weeks - I've now cancelled that because I now just don't trust him with others.
    Gosh that does sound dangerous and totally agree with you! I hope you get some manners instilled so it doesnt stop you riding him out in company!