Thread: Joey is for sale (LVTB)

Default Joey is for sale (LVTB)

If anyone knows someone who wants a confidence-restoring cob, please recommend Joey. He's 14.2hh, tricoloured Heinz 57 unfeathered cob, 14 years now. Forward going but safe and sensible, light off the leg and in hand. Hacks alone and in company. Isn't fazed by anything although he's not had a lot of experience with busy roads and heavy traffic. He's fine on lanes and crossing main roads but a bit twitchy with big lorries but will just squeeze up against a hedge, no running away or spinning. Never put a hoof wrong in over two years. This pony has been solely responsible for helping me find the fun in riding again after a nasty accident shattered my confidence. Jabs, worming and teeth all up to date. Has been used as a lead-rein pony for young children, a teen's jumper and a granny's safe hack.

I know his full history from birth. Very loving... not averse to muzzle kisses and head hugs!! Would be ideal in a one-to-one with a special new mum or a mum and daughter share. He's never been on a big livery yard in his life and he's finding it difficult adjusting. Our yard has them moving around to different fields and with different herd members and although my four remain consistent, every time there is a change, Joey gets very fractious on the yard or in a stable. He still remains 100% to ride out though.

This is a very, very sad decision for me. I am just crippled with livery charges for the four of them since I lost my lovely little yard back in the summer. I am asking 1200 for him and would be happy to do a short trial or LVTB first.

aww, I have always been a big Joey fan, hope he finds great new home, though I know you will miss him

It'll break my heart, Janice :'( but the livery charges have meant that I feel like I'm spread very thinly and not doing right by my boys...

Hey, I have a friend after a nice confidence giving all rounder? Do you think he would be suitable? She would want to be hacking with maybe the odd bit of jumping.

Will pm you....

Sold

Quote Originally Posted by patchypony View Post
    Sold
    Oh I really feel for you but am sure you've found him an amazing new home.

He is gorgeous, I am sure you have done the right thing by him xx