Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King and Odin

Default King and Odin

Seeing as how I have the new little chap now, and King and I are getting more of an opportunity to get out I figure I should start them a diary.

For anyone who doesn't know him, King is my 15yo ISH, who I've had for 7.5yrs now! we've never really done a huge amount together as I've been doing some form of exams and had no transport. Now I'm graduated and working, and on a yard with lovely people who have helped me sort his loading issues w we're starting to get out and about.

Last year we did or first ever sponsored rides, and so far this year we have had 1 lesson at home and traveled to one with YO. The 2nd was indoors (think he's been indoors once before!) And in a strange place. He travelled like a lamb, barely glanced at the mirrors (again, which he's never seen before!) And ignored the instructors best efforts to make him soook! this also resulted in us jumping a small 1 stride double from canter - so many things I'm nervous about and he was perfect.

I have just joined the local RC and signed up to a poles lesson with YO on 14th.

Other than that we mainly hack and occasionally play in the school. I will add some pics when I get them off my old phone

He's still a spanner though! (He was happily eating his hay, I did rescue him straight after!)
    And has a little friend Be-Anne stylee

Odin is my new project, and hopefully horse for life! Bred by my YO out of an "it's the business" made (not that I knew that before I bought him!) I have known him pretty much since he hit the ground. After a family death my OH and I decided to give it a bash.

He's a late foal. Born Oct 15th so now has his own little ruggy, and tonight wore a big boy head collar for the first time. He's such an amenable chappy

Odie and his family

I will try my best to keep this updated!

Had a wonderful afternoon in the sun today. My YO took us out to hack this afternoon. He loaded first time going and coming home. We have been using a lunge line to guide him in and decided to try without coming back. Perfect bit

Hello mum!

Loving my yard now. All the stress has gone and he's being a superstar with it!

Glad you're having fun with King and Odin is soooo cute!

King has a lesson on Sunday so I did the start of a quick tidy up tonight. Not bad for a10 min job after work. He started to get upset so will finish it tomorrow

I'm still getting to grips with my new phone - the camera hates me!!
    Before
    uploadfromtaptalk1423769092128.jpg
    After
    uploadfromtaptalk1423769145709.jpg

You have a lovely pair of ponies, love Odins winter floof!

Thanks BH. I have to tend to agree

Popped to visit Odin on my way home with a new rug. Rain forecast all weekend and diddy foal = bad combination

He's such a lamb. I have to do everything loose in the girls with his mum, 2 half brothers and their mums but he let's me get on with it

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

With mum

His brother, Claude investigating. They're so much bigger!!

They all came running over when I arrived (they thought I had hay!) And he reminded me just how lovely he's going to be

Love his rug, he's so cute!

Today king and I went to a RC clinic. He was alseep when I went to bring him in!

He got half way through getting up and decided it was too much like hard work

Eventually hauled him in, where he proceeded to be a cataclysmic ass. Spinning and and pawing at the ground. Have 0 idea why! Cue wound up me, and me almost in tears my yard buddies did a great job of calming me down and stopping me being an idiot.

He proceeded to load like a dream. He thinks about it for a few seconds then wonders in

Traveled like a lamb. I had some rescue remedy and talked at yo incessantly all the way there and was much more chilled when I arrived. Left him on the trailer - previously unheard of! He munched away quite happily.

Got them off and tacked up. He was perfectly calm by this point in time - I think he may have seen the trailer and has now realised it means he's going to a party!! But hey, if he can come off and behave then whatever.

Went into the lesson - his 3rd indoor school ever! With 2 from the yard and 2 not. He was a bit looky to start with but nothing unsettling or unsafe.

What can I say, but he was fantastic. It was a poles and cross poles clinic. He was amazing. Felt really responsive and picked up beautifully

We jumped, from canter... I am a nervous jumper. We don't do much jumping so for me to just do it was great.

Afterwards

I was trialling a girth sleeve I made today, too. It's the last thing I can put the faces on tacking up to. And he seemed happier!!

There a video on fb somewhere will see if I can share it here!

Basically, my horse is a dude

Not sure if this will work... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...4&ref=bookmark

A few blurry stills anyway

Last edited by KingCavala..; 14-02-2015 at 22:19.

Sounds like a really good day and from one nervous jumper to another, well done!