Thread: Showing this pony, classes? Turnout?

Default Showing this pony, classes? Turnout?

This year I want to take Daisy to a few shows but I'm not completely sure which classes she should be entered in.

Here she is for those who don't know her...

She is 14.2hh, rising 4 and doesn't have enough bone to be a cob (shame). Which classes would you suggest for her and how should she and I be turned out?

I reckon plaited and little feathers clipped off she would look lovely

Coloured classes plaited or hogged with pulled or plaited tail feathers all off she's lovely

Agree with others, take her feathers off and then pulled and plaited coloured classes. She has lovely markings

Coloured class, dont hog she is to fine to be turned out as a show cob, you need to plait mane, pull tail and trim feathers and jawline. I would use a plain bridle, wide flat noseband and leather browband (not a blingy velvet one) she looks more like a Show hunter type . You need Tweed jacket, coloured shirt, tie, cream/fawn jods or breeches, long leather boots, brown gloves and cane and navy velvet hat (for ridden classes) for in-hand you would wear trousers and short boots instead of jods/breeches.

Thanks everyone, lots to work with there.

She's a similar type to my mare willow, I showed her plaited mane, pulled tail and feathers jawline ears etc. trimmed. She did coloured classes and also working hunter. She wasn't the proper 'type' for working hunter but always did well as she consistently jumped clear rounds and judges always seemed to like her.

Very similar to Lance, who I keep traditional and show in small cob type classes at little shows Because I can't cope with the idea of losing his hair, it's like half his personality is tied up in his hair !

Smart type
    As others, plaited & pulled
    Would make a lovely WHP too
    Native pony addict!