Thread: driving bits

Default driving bits

Tommy is back being longreined after his couple of month break while I recovered from my c section he hadn't forgotton a thing was really proud of him

However today was his first day in a Liverpool bit and unless I had it so tight he couldn't move he kept getting his tongue over the bit

I would rather not use a flash as he did this ridden until we found his current bit a full cheek snaffle with copper roller in the centre I just wondered if there were any driving bits similar to this?

Yea you can get ported ones or copper roller ones, plenty to try, but driving bits are expensive so try eBay

You can get different mouthpieces with Liverpool cheeks, as TM said.

I'm genuinely interested here, is there any particular reason you wouldn't drive in 'any' bit? Ie, of there was a riding bit your horse liked, could you drive in it?

As I said, genuinely curious as it's something I know nothing about!

No reason at all KC. I drove Moo in a copper link sweet iron snaffle at times
    Non driving bits get frowned upon for not being traditional in showing but If your horse goes well in a bit then stick with it I say

Thanks TM. Always wondered like everything with horses is steeped in tradition, then!

Both mine drive in the same bits as they're ridden in.

I used to drive my old girl in a French link just would like to have the "proper" look if possible for tommy as may show him