Thread: Anyone for cute little shetty pictures!

Default Anyone for cute little shetty pictures!

On New Year's Day we acquired this little bundle of fluff. Not without her issues due to past lami and a lack in proper care of her feet but they're on the right track now and before spring appears and takes hold little gypsy is learning life is going to be very different here and she has started work.

We got her as a pony that was too slow for the kids and hardly wanted to move. Oh this couldn't be any different from the truth. She had been living basically alone with dogs for company in a garden. Within a week of being at mine she changed so much. Had a little herd of friends and started having to do quite a lot of exercise in order to stay with the herd as they have access to three fields which go up a slight slope and for little gypsy who didn't even have half an acre to move round 6 acres to have to go up and down each day it must have been like hiking haha!!

She's actually quite a forward going mare when she's not trying to get back to her friends. It's quite lovely to see. She's very obviously been pulled around and at best a lead rein pony so the task to teach her to work on her own has begun, we've started long reining and today she had a little go at lunging. She's not averse to telling me she's not so happy about something and her napping can include rearing and spinning haha! It'll be quite a while before chloe will be able to ride off lead rein completely on her own lol!

She's so funny I just stand and wait for her to give up, which she does fairly quickly and then just does as I ask. But a girl has gotta try hasn't she lol! On lead rein she's a little doll so chloe will be able to perfect her self on lead rein for a bit longer. But there's improvement each time I do something with her. Think moving here has been quite a culture shock for her lol!

So pictures!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424204321.282807.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424204347.649419.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424204377.398662.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424204396.268234.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424204416.033515.jpg

Glad she is doing ok for you, and ****ties should have a bit of spirit in them anyway
    We are losing Liam and Iggy as they go back to their owners, which is a shame as Liam, the one Chloe rode is amazing!
    When I spoke to Chloe the other weekend in the lorry, she was reminding me about our hack promise so may have to do it sooner rather than later lmao!
    We have, however, been gifted another mini shettie who is already a favourite of mine
    Who knows, once he is in work, Chloe could ride him! I want to drive him too do the hunt for very little driving gear begins!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424241408.645119.jpg

Given how she hardly moved at the old place it's really lovely to see her so full of life now. Her feet have a long way to go and she was incredibly sore round her back end where she had been in season and it all went in her tail and it was all stuck and matted the hair round her bum. She was so sore when you went near she almost sat down to get away from it. Why do people just have Shetlands and not bother doing anything with them at all, clearly not even a light groom.

The plan got gypsy is to break her to drive too. Going to practise ride and lead off tegan this week aswell. Try and give her lots of variety.

Sorry prob with post...Glad to hear that the wee one is a lot better lami can be a right pain our wee lad looked in so much pain and just stood in corner not wanting to do a thing.They are such strong wee ponys though ,and just so love to please love the pic of the kids just so happy

She looks so sweet, hope you and Chloe have lots of fun with her

We had a great day today, turned quite a corner with her today, had another horse with us, my stepmum brought her mare to drive round the farm and decided to take gypsy out with the,mon the long reins. She was tonnes better nearly no napping and we didn't start off going with Stella my stepmum took her for a jog out first and we met up with her and then she carried on the rest in walk with her and chloe managed quite a bit of off lead rein time in walk and trot which was fab!