Thread: Kick starting the Showing section!

Default Kick starting the Showing section!

Thought I would post an update . Smallhunter and I have been very busy over the last year. She has a new job as a Weave technician at a University in the Fashion Textiles department, she gets to teach and guide students. This fits in well with horses, she has shared L for 18mths now and I am eternally gratfull to his owners, they are fantastic. I have not been to good and was so unwell last November I just couldnt ride B anymore She was also not quite right and I had bloods done which showed she had an infection in the liver/ bile duct. We both had about 3mths off. B bounced back better than ever I on the other hand didnt, I finally had an Op in January but that didnt work so I went for a 2nd opinion at another hospital. That was on the 12th May and I had major surgery on the 18th!

Now thats out of the way I had no idea if/when I would be going into hospital so at the begining of the season Smallhunter and I decided to enter B for Herts County show in the Veteran classes really just to see how she would do. L was doing the Heavyweight hunter class in the morning and B `s class`were in the afternoon so we thought great plenty of time between class` we could have a fun day out ,that was before I went to see the consultant So Herts was on the Saturday and I had my Op on the Monday before! Poor Smallhunters face when I told her. She managed to produce and turnout two horses for a County show single handed, I was very proud of her. I was laid in bed texting non stop all day as I was missing the action

L was 3rd in his class and won the Harriers trophy for the 3rd year running and B was 2nd in-hand with my OH and 4th out of 11 ridden with Smallhunter.

So B did her first ever County show at 18yrs.

Lovely update (ill health aside!)

B is looking brilliant!!
    Native pony addict!

Thanks Red, she really does get better with age! bless her. I forgot about the latest addition to the Team, L`s owner bought a very cute registered standard Shetland for his son , she won her class at Herts , My OH will be showing her at Equifest in-hand as she is only 2. It was suggested that I show her but I cant run for toffee and leave that to my OH and Smallhunter I like doing all the prep.

B looks fantastic!

B looks fab!
    Hope you're on the mend soon, it's boring being bedridden! x

B is looking fabulous Congratulations on the cracking start! A great shame about the ill health I hope that you have some better luck healthwise this year!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

B is looking brilliant! Hope your health improves soon x
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    B is looking fabulous Congratulations on the cracking start! A great shame about the ill health I hope that you have some better luck healthwise this year!!
    Thank you, this was B`s first show of the season. L and Smallhunter have been out and about, went to PUK winter champs and got his qualification for RI , Smallhunter did her first EVER RI qualifier at South Suffolk, we had a lovely day and they were 5th. So she was very happy with how he went. The next show is 20th June for B and L and the 21st for L . Smallhunter is judging next weekend, we are both booked up this year!

Well done guys! B is looking fabulous and keen as ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk