Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots - Are Ariats Worth It?

Default Boots - Are Ariats Worth It?

Hi all!

Returning both to riding and the forum for the first time in a good few years. Glad to be back in the saddle, I have my freedom now in the form of my own car so not reliant on lifts anymore!

I currently have some short Dublin joddy boots which are okay but a little bit too big, not much support and they've gone a bit wide and splayed (pull on style).

I remember years ago trying on a pair if Ariats and I instantly fell in love... But are they worth the expensive price tag and what sort of life do they have in them?

The Ariat Heritage III are the ones I'm looking at - preferably lace up.

I've seen an offer online for these, with a free pair of wellies thrown in, for 115. However, the Shires Brampton look very similar with a more attractive price tag (60).

Does anyone have any experiences of either of these boots, please?

Thanks,

I don't have any personal experience but have friends who have ariat. One of my friends found they fell apart quite quickly but then she is very very hard on boots but others swear by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Ariat short boots & Gaiters and really love them; they get a lot of use and so far have held up to the challenge.
    I also have a pair of Tredstaps however and perhaps I like them even more than the Ariats!

My husband bought me a pair of Ariat Terrains for my 50th birthday. I wear them with jeans when I'm not riding. I'm 52 next week and they still look fab and the soles have hardly worn at all. Deffo worth the investment.

I think ariat boots are worth the investment!! I have a few different types of boots and swear by the lot of them!!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Love my bromonts!

Guys... you're not helping my purse strings! Thanks for the replies! Any other input welcomed

I love my tredsteps

My last two pairs of short boots have been Ariats, one pair lasted 6 years current ones about seven but haven't had as hard a life and are still going strong. They are the most comfortable boots I've had but I've recently started buying cheaper ones for real mucky work and have found the HY ones surprisingly comfortable although they only seem to last a year or so but for the price I don't mind.

I was sceptical about them too but bought some of the bromonts for 130 off equestrian clearance. They are the best boots I've had! So comfy and took no breaking in. They're actually more comfy than my De Niro's!
    They come up big though so had to drop half a size x