Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots - Are Ariats Worth It?

I have Ariat boots and love them, I have just bought some Tredstep boots which are gorgeous but kept for best so not sure how well they hold up!

I've got Bromonts and used to have Heritage boots and chaps. Absolutely love them, wouldn't have anything other than Ariat now, they are lovely to ride in and soooo comfy and supportive. I'm in mine all day every day and they are just brilliant, and really nice and supportive. Plus seem to protect my feet pretty well when my 17hh of dopey warmbood accidentally treads on them, lol!

Only thing I would say is the insulated Bromonts are absolutely amazing in Winter...however, in Summer they're sweltering (as you'd expect I guess). I've learnt to live with it and tbh it doesn't really bother me any more (and as I have rubbish circulation it is totally worth slight discomfort in Summer for not being in awful pain with freezing toes in Winter), but it is something worth bearing in mind.
    Let the bass cannon kick it!

No experience of their short boots, but I bought some glaciers in november and have worn them everyday, still clean up like brand new and comfiest boots iv ever worn

Love my ariat short boots, I have the devon pros and they are only starting to look a bit tired after constant use for around 5 years!
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

I wanted to so bad but in the end I thought rationally and bought the Shires boots in the thought that the money I'd be saving could go to a nice coat or more lessons. I will let you know how they go... Not turned up yet, I'm like a kid at Christmas! Thanks for the replies.

My sharer rides in shires long boots and is very happy with them for the price. The whole price/quality/etc discussion is one that goes round and round in my head. Some days I want cheap and cheerful, other days I wants the best of everything!

try looking on old dairy saddlery or discount equestrian, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ODSaddlery View Post
    try looking on old dairy saddlery or discount equestrian, hope this helps.
    Convenient.

Cheers guys. Well the Shires boots were gorgeous but firstly didn't fit... little did I know a 6.5 is a 40 not a 39.5. After some googling it seems this is one of those unexplainable things! So they have been returned and I went and ordered the Ariats from my local saddlery, at 25 cheaper than online! Bonus. Will let you know what I think when they arrive.

I had the ariat trainers (zip front) and loved them. They had lots of wear and only died when left out accidentally in a monsoon and then went mouldy as I forgot to get them out of the carrier bag I took them home in. I've since had the Tuffa Endurance trainer and the stitching has gone on them, whereas it never did on the Ariats. I'll be buying Ariats again before too long.

I've also got the Grasmere boots and am very happy with them too. I tend to keep them for riding in lessons, clinics and for hound exercise. I've just bought some Gallop Gateleys for a quarter of the price as I needed some that would go better with jeans so will see how they compare.