Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted and Jetlee show results...

Default Ted and Jetlee show results...

Well Ted and Jetlee both had their very first agricultural show yesterday! They were both very brave - more so considering that a couple of days before Mr Ted had cantered down the road when some cows came over to him at speed It was blowing really badly and there were loads of flags, and going down the tunnel to the native arenas there was a BIG flag thing that was bending over the walkway, so much so that a lot of very sensible horses were completely freaking out. Not my boys Very proud.

Anyway so to the classes. First was Jetlees class, he behaved very well. Stood nicely for the judge, but unfortunately when doing out individual show he wouldn't trot away from the judge. He came 5th which isn't shameful, but could certainly have been better I gave him a smack coming back to the judge and we got a nice trot going. The comments from the judge were I needed to get him to trot out, properly as he isn't keeping a good trot going. So we are going to work on that with a long schooling stick to send him forwards So need to work on that and building some muscle on him too As he is a bit less typey then some of the ponies there, they are big chunks and he just needs a bit more... But he behaved like a pro, its only his 3rd show, and it was big and noisy. Clever lad. He was then put back into the trailer while I did Teds ridden.

Teds class was soooo late. It was meant to be the first class, then they moved it to the last clydesdale class, it dragged on a bit, then the ridden highlands pinched our ring so eventually we went in! Poor Ted had been tacked up for ages by this point and I was getting REALLY anxious. It rubbed off on Ted and I suitably wound him up We then couldn't canter in the warm up... Madness!!
    Anyway thanks to a couple of lovely TO's coming and giving me a kick up the bum I then managed to behave myself just about. So in we went and Ted was lovely He was a clever boy and did his thing lovely (bar one moment where I asked for canter as the championships were going on next door and he was just at the wrong level with a horse next door Not sure what worried him but he then had an episode. I managed to settle him.
    The judge then rode him and gave him a lovely ride.
    He was first and has qualified for the clydesdale championship at Blair. Not sure if we can go but still YAY!! The judge said LOVELY things about him, which ended up with me and left the ring for a wee emotional moment after my lap of honour. Anyway a couple photos:-

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Fantastic, he looks great, and really well turned out!

Well done!

Brilliant, congratulations! How big is he?

Wow congratulations, ted looks handsome as ever, you must be very pleased. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vimto92 View Post
    Brilliant, congratulations! How big is he?
    The vet measured him in at 18hh. The judge said he doesn't ride huge though as he so lovely and light

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

Brilliant, well done! Ted is just gorgeous
    Let the bass cannon kick it!

Quote Originally Posted by skipsandsoda View Post
    Brilliant, well done! Ted is just gorgeous
    Thank you The judge was impressed with his hocks

Fantastic! Well done xx