Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scout and Cleo

Default Scout and Cleo

I'm intending on bring his lordship back into work over the next few weeks and start up our lessons again, so I figured I'd start a little diary for him and Cleo's antics.

7th July 2015:

I decided to long-rein Scout today seems it had been a couple of weeks since he'd done anything, he was very relaxed coming in (suspiciously) and generally well behaved. He long-reined as if he'd been doing it for months and was very responsive off my voice commands, after about 20 minutes he obviously decided he'd had enough and started rearing and bunny hopping and trying to spin off in the other direction. I just held him as steady as I could and kept making him move forwards (in whichever direction we managed). Eventually we got back onto the track and had a nice walk on each rein before finishing.

Because of my anxiety when things like this happen I get panicky and start shouting at him and get quite angry (I don't do anything to him when I'm angry but I'm sure he can sense it!) So I'm trying to get into the habit of staying calm and just working through his strops Not sure it'll be the same if he decides to do that with me on him though!

11058786_1617810085139041_93022831381441289_n.jpg

Must have been the weather for it, this is what happened with Jetlee on the lunge He just did random bunny hops into the air!! Maybe its just the weather??
    Staying calm is hard! How is his sarcoid?

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Must have been the weather for it, this is what happened with Jetlee on the lunge He just did random bunny hops into the air!! Maybe its just the weather??

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    I managed to lead in, tack up and long-rein without affecting it at all.... and then of course he smacked it on his feed bucket whilst he was having dinner and made it bleed again! I've been using summer fly cream around it and keeping his hair around it trimmed so nothing is getting to it, it seems to be healing up nicely until he decides to head but something, still nothing regarding his treatment though. I'll try phoning again next week!

Default 14th July 2015

My health is pretty low at the moment I'm struggling to do a lot, however I decided I needed some Cleo therapy so took her for a nice hack, we had a couple of canters and our version of the Derby Bank She was impeccably well behaved which is strange but I'm not complaining! When we got back I gave her a good bath and used her various lotions and potions in an attempt to keep her sweet itch at bay.

ETA, yes her feet need doing asap

She's looking really well at the minute Beth

Default 16th July 2015

Thanks

Today at about 8pm I felt so bad and ill I decided I needed to go and ride Cleo! I got to the yard at 8:20 much to YO's surprise and went to get her in, I ended up crying in her field for a bit and was struggling to keep my head together I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment but I'm not myself at all!

Anyway we had a nice schooling session I think, she went really nicely for me but I genuinely can't remember much as my head wasn't in it, I feel like my mind is currently separate from my body, I do remember her doing some really nice canter work which is a big improvement for her! Then I turned her out and cried some more Cleo has never failed to make me smile but tonight, despite being wonderful and so well behaved and working so hard she just couldn't.

I do love her though

Default 23/07/2015

Well, I can't exactly remember what I've done since my last post because I have the mental capacity of a doorknob!

I've been feeling really pants at my yard because I get ignored a lot and always end up riding and hacking alone whilst everyone else goes out and has tonnes of fun. The other day I decided to take Cleo into the school and try on her new matchy set, it had been raining so the field was too slippery, the outdoor was too boggy and the indoor was far too dusty and stoney as it still hasn't got a proper surface, so after five minutes in the indoor I got off and cried some more

Anyway, she looked good in her new posh set!

In the morning before I got up I heard loads of sirens going through town which is quite a common thing for some reason, and I thought nothing of it... anyway on the way to the yard I look out for the sirens because I'm nosey and then my heart stopped as I saw about 10 fire engines parked outside my old yard and the house up in flames I felt so sick when I saw it, I text my friend who is still there and thankfully everyone got out and no one was injured! They're very lucky it didn't spread anymore, the house is attached to the stables, barns, other flats and workshops and they have a great frickin' wood yard next to the house which would have provided rather a lot of kindling!

I believe the moral of the story is, don't leave frying pans unattended!

I forgot to add, Scout starts his sarcoid treatment next week!

Cleo is looking great! Very trim and well turned out!

Default 28/07/2015

Today was Scout's second day of sarcoid treatment with the Liverpool cream. He had to be sedated this time as they started the cream on his sheath as well which he has always been very sensitive about! The vet said it's going to start getting sore for him now and he's likely to be 'kicky' and grumpy He's on 2x Bute a day which will hopefully keep him more comfortable. Sarcoids are evil things!

He seems quite happy in himself, he came galloping over to eat his second lot of chaff and bute, whilst cleo looked on in disgust- no one is allowed to eat unless Cleo eats!

11822493_1624040961182620_80749922902599555_n.jpg
    11822444_1623957314524318_1794575274513905081_n.jpg
    11822317_1623957301190986_8427841352903939549_n.jpg
    11813421_1623957307857652_4916652323346172348_n.jpg