Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Show Pictures/Diary

Default Dog Show Pictures/Diary

So over the last few months I've been getting into dog showing, Whippets in particular We've been up to Scotland three times, Bath, Cheshire, Stoke, Derbyshire, Windsor and Cambridge tomorrow. Next week it's Leek and then Wales, Paignton and at some point possibly Ireland for the three day show

At the moment my pups are too young to be shown but their first show is in October which is exciting However I have shown my friends older whippets a couple of times and generally just accompany her to shows, the puppies do come with us sometimes to get used to the show environment but sadly a lot of Championship shows don't allow un-entered dogs on the ground

So, first of all these are my friends beautiful dogs:

Cyangrange Monsieur Mutt (Pierre)- the father to my two

Cyangrange White Chantilly (Sylvia)- The grandma of my two

Cyangrange Giacamoto Delfino (Darcy- If I spelled her name right lol )

Solequeen (Black)- the mum of my two

The four together:

Nice dogs! Any pictures of yours?

Default Windsor Championship Dog Show

Last weekend we went to Windsor which is a 4 day event, hounds were on the last day. We took Darcy down by herself and sadly she wasn't placed however they were very big classes, and Darcy has only just moved up to the higher group so compared to the others she's a bit less mature

We spent the day photographing the other dogs as there were some absolute stunners there! So I thought I'd just share some pictures of the Hound Group, the winners from each breed class

A lovely Whippet:

Ibizan Hound:

Chinese Crested:

Cavalier:

Afghan:

Bloodhound:

Dachshund:

Elk Hound:

Hamilton Hound

And a Padengo making a break for it

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Nice dogs! Any pictures of yours?
    Shockingly I haven't taken any proper pictures of mine, I have a few off my phone though They're 4 months old this month, the brindle, Charlie has been a pain in the **** to get and keep weight on but I've finally found a food to suit his sensitive stomach so hopefully he'll look much better soon! The black girl is his sister, Izzy

Aww they're lovely! I want a dog when I move out, though I think it may difficult because I'll be doing shift work.

They look lovely!! I have seen a few and they seem quite involved. The running up of dogs is a trick, I couldn't get Millie to do it She just wants to dive at other dogs for play!!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

What beautiful dogs, and some great photos. I do love whippets.

Fab pics and what gorgeous dogs! I love whippets, we considered them for a long time but have ended up with two mental pointers instead, lol! Your two are very cute
    Let the bass cannon kick it!

Ah Pointers are ace I never even thought of a whippet until I met my friend's.

We went to Cambridge yesterday which is the first time my puppies have been to a Championship show, there were a fair few relatively high-ranked whippet people there who liked them and said they're really good looking dogs but just commented that I needed to put weight on them (which I am fully aware of!) One person has suggested some raw food to replace one of their meals each day so I'll give that a go.

The puppies ended up being cuddled and carried by all sorts of people and they loved it, didn't give a toss when they were taken off me haha, sadly neither of my friend's dogs got placed but the judge was more into working/racing whippets so was picking the leaner and scopier ones

I cannot rave about raw food enough - look at natural instinct - it's fabulous!! Really piles weight on them