Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When he's good he's very very good but when he's bad...

Default When he's good he's very very good but when he's bad...

He is a grotbag!!!!!

Rode Jetlee the other day, I am in no hurry with him but I hadn't intended to give him the few weeks off he has had, what with shows and hubby working later hours I haven't managed to do much with him. Jetlee thought yes walking is fine, so we did, he has always been mildly nappy nothing nasty just tries to exit through the shoulder out our school area But I won all those battles, had him listening nicely to me doing 5m loops, lovely jubbly!
    So I thought we could have a short trot. Well someone didn't want to shift his caboose, lazy pony! Not used to lazy ponies

We had a few cow kicks and grumbles. I did get there in the end but what a cheeky swine he is. Next time I am taking my schooling stick and giving him a hot bot!!!

CHEEKY!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Naughty little jetlee, the last pic did make me chuckle tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    Naughty little jetlee, the last pic did make me chuckle tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He put more effort into the protest then he would have if he has just trotted

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

Naughty man! He's fairly growing up though isn't he

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beastie View Post
    Naughty man! He's fairly growing up though isn't he
    He is He has such a quirky little character, but rather fun. I did end up getting some trot in the end so I feel I won the battle, I got Steve to give us a lead into it and once we got forward momentum he went and then I called it a day as I had won! I think when he gets there he will be a wonderful pony but he gets fat easily and not enough work yet to keep his weight down. Very hangry pony

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    He put more effort into the protest then he would have if he has just trotted
    Welcome to Lance's club! He spent so much of his 5th year of life using ALL his energy for evil. But when they come right, it's 100% worth the tears!

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Welcome to Lance's club! He spent so much of his 5th year of life using ALL his energy for evil. But when they come right, it's 100% worth the tears!
    He is 4 though... I expect this of a 5 y.o...

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    He is 4 though... I expect this of a 5 y.o...
    HAHA! Well Lance wasn't yet backed at 4, so perhaps it is the first year of backing that can be suspect in the minds of the best and most intelligent ponies? Lance certainly questioned ... everything. Then, once he understood everything, he turned into the most reliable wonderful pony in the world!

... PS -- I have a matching one from Ghost from Tuesday

Last edited by Soot; 28-07-2015 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    HAHA! Well Lance wasn't yet backed at 4, so perhaps it is the first year of backing that can be suspect in the minds of the best and most intelligent ponies? Lance certainly questioned ... everything. Then, once he understood everything, he turned into the most reliable wonderful pony in the world!
    Ted didn't start questioning anything until he was 5... I can but hope he stops being a brat very very soon....

I think some of them are born questioning! I do think that it's a sign of equine intelligence though. They don't accept that we know what we're doing, they want to have that discussion until they're confident we're not idiots!