Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympia spoils

Default Olympia spoils

Well as I am well known for my wee shopping expeditions to Olympia (and HOYS last year) I thought I would share some of my goodies!!

Mostly because I think Loopy will love Floinns bumwarmer!! So among other things I got a mustard coloured saddle pad (with bandages of course) and I happened to be trotting past the thermatex stand and wanted a wee peep for a bum warmer, there was only ONE left. Green with mustard coloured binding, oh what luck! And a special price due to the show. It was 4ft6 not the largest but Floinn isn't massive as a horse so I thought i would chance it... So I tried it on tonight, I am pleased with the size of it on him and its very Irish in colours

I also happened past the Premier equine stand (of course!) and as i have always fancied the Olympia replica rugs but annoyingly having such massive beasties I tended not to be able to buy one. Floinn will fit in 6ft 9 though So I bought him one! Its lovely. He seemed happy enough...

And then George needs a larger headcollar, the full one is too little!!! So I bought him a lovely blue X full one which actually has a good amount of growing room!!

They all looked deeply concerned as this year I also watched the dressage, they all think I now have ideas above my station

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Very nice! I didn't buy anything for myself, I bought my two buddies their christmas presents though: LeMieux sport boot things and the black and gold (no leopard skin!) Glockler set

Having been to HOYS and YHL I think I've bought enough for my own horses haha, and the shopping at Olympia doesn't compare to either of those

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
    Very nice! I didn't buy anything for myself, I bought my two buddies their christmas presents though: LeMieux sport boot things and the black and gold (no leopard skin!) Glockler set

Having been to HOYS and YHL I think I've bought enough for my own horses haha, and the shopping at Olympia doesn't compare to either of those
    I only managed Olympia this year. I was pleased with some of the stalls but HOYS is more relevant to me

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    I only managed Olympia this year. I was pleased with some of the stalls but HOYS is more relevant to me
    Yeah it wasn't awful or anything, I think I've been a bit spoiled this year shopping wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
    Yeah it wasn't awful or anything, I think I've been a bit spoiled this year shopping wise!
    That was me last year when I went to HOYS as well as Olympia! I bought loads of showing stuff at HOYS and felt like I had been to showing heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel;880384
    Mostly because I think Loopy will love Floinns bumwarmer!! [...
    not the largest but Floinn isn't massive as a horse so I thought i would chance it...
    I do love it! I like him in green. Yeah he's not very big, def takes after his sire not his ma.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I do love it! I like him in green. Yeah he's not very big, def takes after his sire not his ma.
    Absolutely!! When I saw it I thought "Ahhh loopy will love this on Floinn" I have decided that whatever happens he in't going back anyway I admit I trust him more then Jetlee!

Eh, you know me mate, I'm good wth that. Jet's a HyPo though isn't he, lol. Whooohooo, THINGS!, EXCITEMENT!, SHENANIGANS! Floinns laidback and chilled.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Eh, you know me mate, I'm good wth that. Jet's a HyPo though isn't he, lol. Whooohooo, THINGS!, EXCITEMENT!, SHENANIGANS! Floinns laidback and chilled.
    I wonder if K is as keen. He mentioned wanting to sit on him at some point and to use him on I and G he can still do that though just has to come here for the sit Haha yes little swine did a lot of leaping, skipping, jumping and bouncing the last few schooling sessions. Floinn did one small episode when lunging him where he clearly couldn't be hooped, it went "Maybe I'll rear and jump about a bit" I walked towards him and he is far too polite and decided instead to show his displeasure by trotting The thought of leaping lasted not long. He is still "Ahh there is a monkey on my back" when under saddle. It is very sweet. I did my usual fiddling about so he is used to me being up there and moving about every time I move he stops "Did you lose your balance??" Bless his cottons!! Even in the field when he canters off he does a wee quick trot until he is clear of human then whizzes off! He was certainly brought up wonderfully

I haven't been to Olympia for years, wanted to go this year but I can't take time off in December and you can guarantee I'm working the weekend it's on.
    Looks like your boys were thoroughly spoilt and I'm loving the green thermatex. If I ever make it up to Scotland again I'd love to meet your gang, they're some of my TO favs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk