Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying A House

Default Buying A House

What started out as an idea back in April 2015, is FINALLY looking to come true!
    We put in an offer on a house back in April but had to pull out as survey showed significant subsidence. (Shame as was over the road from the yard!)
    We then decided in August to give up the house we were renting and stay at my dads for a few months to save some extra money!
    In August, we found another house in the village where I grew up. We were accepted the offer and initially accepted on a mortgage offer, but the mortgage company discovered that they only did houses in Wales!! Stupid mortgage adviser never thought to check! Got another approval, but due to the advisor doing over 30 credit searches, the mortgage firm pulled out due to credit!! We found another mortgage using higher deposit but seller wouldn't wait (had already coughed out a load of money)
    We then found another 2 houses but offers were accepted to other people - as you can imagine, we started to feel like buying a house wasn't meant to be!!!
    We finally found a house me and ash could agree on and after a bit of a discussion, we were accepted the offer! The stress of getting everything finalised before Xmas was a real pain, but 6 months since moving into dads, we are FINALLY on the move!!!!

We get the keys on 15th February and I can't believe that it's real! I'm remaining cautious but it's all legal and binding with contracts so no one can really pull out (just have to pay the solicitor and they want a small fortune lol)

It's a 3 bed semi with a garage(man-lab for him) and only a 7min drive to the yard so big improvement on the 20mins I do now! And I could bike in the summer, on a nice day, and if I feel like it haha!!!!

I'm not excited or anything.....

How exciting! Congrats

We're going to our first viewing on sat - not sure if excited or terrified! All feels hideously grown up!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It is a little - although I do wish I could have done it sooner!

Well if I can offer any advice, it would be to not be afraid to ask every question that pops in your head and if there is something you really like, view it again

Good Lick with your viewing xx

Congrats! Sounds like a torturous process!

We are due to exchange on 12th Feb fingers crossed - it was the first house we looked at and all being well, it will only be 2 and a bit months between first viewing and completion. It's gone scarily smoothly...

Thanks guys

I GET MY KEYS TODAY

How is your first day of house ownership?

Mine was in such a state when I bought it that I stared it for a week just wondering where to start! Then I ripped it to pieces to have the new central heating installed and all the pipework moved about. That was 7 years ago .... and there's still a small section of ceiling to repaint, oops!

Luckily for us, most of the house is in good condition. Couple door handles needed replacing but carpets and laminate flooring all good, tiled kitchen and bathroom with a jacuzzi bath
    Not all boxes unpacked yet but need wardrobes etc and that the most expensive thing we need.
    Will get there but glad to feel at home with my dogs back with me! X

How exciting

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

We've just had an offer accepted on a place too no idea what happens now, just really really really hope it doesn't fall through!!!

Luckily we have a new IKEA opening on the m4 soon - perfect timing

How exciting!!

How has the first month been?

I'm never ever going to be in the position of being able to buy a house unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCavala.. View Post
    We've just had an offer accepted on a place too no idea what happens now, just really really really hope it doesn't fall through!!!

Luckily we have a new IKEA opening on the m4 soon - perfect timing

Congrats!! NEW Ikea?! Where? I neeeeeed to know as i hate going to Bristol
    Native pony addict!