Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Touchstone Floinn

Default Touchstone Floinn

So I decided to turn back the clock a little bit and go back to the start a diary for Mr Floinn. I swear each time i do these I forget to update them but will update Ted, George and Jetters soon...

So end of August Floinn came to me. He had been at a stud with no stallion turnout since April 2015 and prior to that had been prepared for grading for a few months (again with little or no turnout) so he went from 24/7 turnout to nothing!! And he certainly loves his turnout!! so task number one was turnout. His victim was George.

So he had a great time whizzing around the field

He also got a lovely fleece.

After a few days I did our first lunging session, it was a fair old test for him. It was dusk, there was things happening, he was in with the sheep, shetlands over the fence. But he was SUPERB!!

So the next time I lunged him I fully bandaged and got dear poor hubby to take photos. He isn't the greatest photographer but he videos as well so you may find some are stills...

And George and Floinn became really good friends very quickly!!

And then I had my first sit. I did think he had been brought on a little more then he had when he had been prepped for grading so got on with no "safety measures" in hubby holding a lunge line. But I knew he had been backed by someone I trust the view of so it was alright

He was a bit greener under saddle then had expected. No problem though. I just went back to basics, and as I always do with horses try and get the vocal aids in their heads.

And he now doesn't care about the sheep

First canter on the lunge, it was amazing to see how well he works from behind!

And because he is super duper adorable!!

These two are really really cute!

So then the weather started to turn and I gave him his first clip

Another lunging session. Around here I felt we were really really clicking!

He went when asked and was understanding many things

We then tried to add all 4 together, Jetlee, Floinn, George and Ted.

Jetlee doesn't like Floinn at all!!! So I had 3 horses and 3 ponies together

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

And they all got on really well!!!

So now it was November. The weather was cold so I could only lunge when frosty ground or dry and we all know how wet it has been this winter!!

Group shot

Floinn in the field

And because he is a super cool dude that quickly won over my heart

I did manage to get him to stand with Jetlee for a photo, kinda He is really convinced that Jetlee is a mare, unfortunately...

So as the work slowed down, it quickly became Olympia time! Many of my spoils were for the lad!

Spoilt boy! I treat him like my own, but I really want him to be my own

A rare sunny day in Scotland

Then Mr Floinn had a wee makeover next. All work and no play means I very much enjoy pulling manes

I just adore this photo. He is absolutely blinking stunning

So we have done a couple of wee sessions whilst Stephen has been away (I even had a sneaky sit, don't tell hubby he would smack my bum I am not meant to be on on my own yet )

He has turnout boots now due to him being a plonk and cut his leg

And now I am getting him used to his double. I love a horse in a double, super smart!!

So that is Floinn more or less up to now. I cannot wait to see what 2016 brings this lad!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

he is such a handsome lad!! Looking forward to seeing how he comes on this summer!

So update on Mr Floinn! I spoilt him with a new rug (or couple...)

Its eskadron and so far we are impressed with the quality!

Anyway so I dressed the lad up and as Stephen was here I got some pictures!! HURRAH!!!

I am REALLY pleased with how he is coming on, he really is getting the whole working correctly thing we have been discussing I am feeling next step whilst hubby is home is to get on whilst he can hold the lunge!! Exciting!! He really has been listening to everything I ask!!

Anyway I also put his gorgeous fleece I got him from Olympia on him! He looks gorgeous!!

So today I got back on board Floinn was wonderful and he is so sweet he did little baby steps for ages and kept checking to see if I was still there Funny lad!

As he had a preference for Stephen walking with him I sadly only have some fairly rubbish movies of us moving which aren't worth showing

Yay!

Had a chat with his original backer, realised he was pretending he didn't know how to do walk under saddle... So I took a stick. One small prod and he suddenly "remembered" how legs worked etc

I did get a video but I had to ask my friends hubby and it is on his phone So will need to ask him to send to me!!

I finally managed to get one of the videos my friends hubby took, he sadly sent the same one twice But I will get the "off the lunge line" one! Sooooo some stills of the lovely Mr Floinn doing some actual work with me on board

I was so pleased with this. We have since then done some more lunging and a little sit I didn't have photographer since, its a nightmare though as soon as my field gets dry enough for lunging/riding it rains... He really is coming on. On the lunge he works in a nice outline and has really started pushing through from behind. Under saddle he has the occasional huff about me prodding him with the stick But he gets over it pretty quickly and thankfully the worst he has tried is a little hump of the back... He soon realised that it was going to take more energy to buck then to actually just waddle forward a bit more. So chose the latter!!

Floinn has been a busy boy!! WE have reached an understanding about forward motion. So much so that today we were off the lead rein and strutting about, and he tried a trot all off his own bat! Go Floinn!!

So of course some pictures!
    Being a plank!

Looking just gorgeous when we did some conformation/trotting videos to "advertise his wares"

And some of the photos from said wee photo shoot

Then all tacked up and rocking on

So yep thats what he has been up to in a nutshell... Good Floinn

Can't wait to meet this dude. I think I'm in love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk