Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uptown's Girl: Take #2

Default Uptown's Girl: Take #2

So I've probably attempted to keep a diary on here about... erm, maybe fifty times However now it's just me and Cleo and I have a lot planned for us, I think this is a better time than any to start a new diary

Starting from last weekend on the 24th April 2016.... It was our 6 year anniversary together and the night before we got invited along to a show- having absolutely no time to prepare I for some reason decided to do the dressage and spent the night frantically trying to learn my test. Admittedly it was only Into B so nothing too difficult! When we were there I managed to rope someone into reading my test for me which made life much easier, and we rode what felt like an 'ok' test but didn't think much of it... Then the show secretary came and asked if I'd enter ridden show cob seems no one else had, so of course I did (hey it was a sash show and I was determined to come home with a sash ) we went in totally unprepared and got put in with the hunter class, did a terrible show piece and very sheepishly collected our sash and skulked off whilst the others had their photos taken and did the lap of honour.

Throughout the day I saw more and more people doing the intro test and was convinced I'd no hope in getting placed but had to stick around as the others were doing their jumping classes. When the time came for them to read out the dressage results over the tannoy I wasn't really listening, but sure enough 'First place, Bethany Upton and Cleo'.... I did the whole comedy spit-take thing as I was drinking whilst they read it out I couldn't believe it, I came first out of 12 competitors!

The scores were all very close so I was only a few points above the others but it really made my day (and week, in fact I'm still grinning writing this haha) my favourite comment on the sheet had to be 'Lovely horse!' although I knew that anyway

The professional pictures from the show were ok, Cleo looked stunning I look like a potato so they will not be shared any further

Since this week has been uni deadline week I've managed to ride once, I took her for a hack and didn't bother to change back to her Kimblewick seems she went so well in her plain snaffle at the show- big mistake! Asked for a short canter and we had a rather long sideways one up the track then she spent the rest of the ride spooking at everything and for the first time ever was scared of a tractor so I got off to lead her past and it took me about 10 minutes to get back on because she kept walking off Eventually climbed up a fence and got on where she decided to run forwards and ram my knee into a fence post- little sod

"I swear that tractor was going to eat us mother"

Doing our best to blend in with our surroundings because that's what you do out hacking... right?

We did schooling today, my goal was to get her to canter a full lap on each rein because we haven't managed it for a loooong time (because schooling is boring so we never practice) but we did it today! With only one protest buck, she did it bless her

We rocked the LeMieux tweed set because mother reckons she needed to look more classy rather than the bright stuff I make her wear have to say I agree!

Mother knows best No shade meant, but thats the first time I've seen her in something and thought oh I liiiiike thaaaat!
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

I'm afraid I do agree with her on this! In fact, my bright pads are probably being sold at the sale this weekend!

Cleo which pads are you selling!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

I'm so jelous! I love the lemieux tweed but it doesn't come in medium! She looks lovely

Thankyou!

We just had a very quick 30 min hack out today before it absolutely tipped it down... I think Cleo was in shock having been ridden twice in two days! I think she'll be happy when I get a job/start my MA haha

She is looking well! I like her in blue as well!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Thank you!

I took Cleo up to the 'canter track' today, it's a grass track about 2 miles long, it's a lovely ride but for some reason as soon as we set foot on it I tense up and feel really anxious. I don't know why, I've only ridden on it twice and nothing has happened I do wonder if it's because of the stories others have told me about madly galloping the whole way along with no breaks etc etc. But before we venture out with others I'm getting used to going it alone. Last time we had a little trot but Cleo was really on her toes too and kept spooking at literally everything... today she was slightly more relaxed so we had a couple of short canters which were really nice

The downside of the track is there is a gate at the end that isn't possible from horseback so you have to get off... and if, like me, you're fat and inflexible and can't mount from the floor, it's a long walk home

Also, Ms Cleo needs some mounting practice as she has a tendency to walk off as soon as you put your weight in the stirrup, which is fine I guess when mounting from a decent block but when climbing on from a small unstable rock it's rather disconcerting

Fields full of the Devil's crop *hayfever intensifies*

pretty bluebells

We did jumping for the first time in like a year! It wasn't particularly high but it was amazing, I'm very proud of miss Cleo and myself haha!