Thread: Nervous re job interview!

Default Nervous re job interview!

I applied for a job at a small livery yard a couple of days ago, and spoke to them on the phone on Friday. The lady I spoke to sounded really nice, and the job sounds like my ideal job. Not to mention the fact it's about 5 minutes away from Cleo's yard so I can pop up to her before and after work easy and during when we have a break midday.

But it's been so long since I've worked with horses (4 years!) and although I've had my own I feel like a complete and utter novice again! It's only basic yard duties and lunging, maybe a bit of riding (I didn't want a job that involved riding particularly as my confidence on other horses is currently zero!)

I've applied for a few jobs to do with photography seems I've finished my degree now but this one is the one I most want! I didn't think I'd want to work with horses again but I reaaaallly miss it, more than I thought I did.

It's all just so perfect I'm terrified of losing it already I so desperately want to make a good first impression tomorrow but I'm rubbish at meeting people

Make a list of things you'll need/want to say ie your experience and any questions you have. Pop it in your pocket and refer to it if necessary. Good luck, I'm sure it'll go fine.

Hope the interview went well

Thank you it did I've got the job, but my god am I slow at mucking out! I used to be able to do a yard of about 20 odd within an hour but it's taking me two to do 13! Hopefully I'll start getting quicker soon!

Glad you got the job - the mucking out comes back as your muscles remember it all!

Well done! I'm sure you'll spend up soon

Congratulations!
    Don't worry, you'll definitely speed up. I think that every winter, and I've only 3 to do!!