Thread: Help me..

Default Help me..

I hate writing these threads but I feel I need to let it out.

Basically I met a guy at work and we've been seeing each other for a short while now. I really quite like this guy and would like it to go somewhere eventually.

However I seem to suddenly be suffering from a severe shortage of self confidence...

I feel so ugly when I'm around this guy and I have no idea why, he's nothing but complimentary of me and really sweet. I just feel so self conscious and wonder why he finds me attractive. I feel this will start to be destructive if I keep on this negative pathway. How can I get over this? It affects the way I interact with him and so on (if you know what I mean).

He's been super understanding so far and is willing to be patient! I'm just tired of this ruining what I feel is a good thing.

What can I do?

Help!

I am so not good at advice, I am not even sure what my hubby is doing with me When hubby and I got together I was the same, but I just ignored my head and tried to enjoy our time together. The more I ignored my head the better I felt about things! Not very useful I know!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Thanks for the reply!

It makes sense to not over think things! Going to try working on switching my mind off when im with him and not over think it!

I think with most guys these days, if they found a girl unattractive, they just wouldn't put in the effort. The fact that he is willing to be patient for you says a lot! He quite clearly finds you attractive and wants to be around you, so why stress?

You're a beautiful girl, so chin up and make sure you don't miss out on that good thing. Don't waste time things of all the whys and what ifs - enjoy your time with him

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016

Quote Originally Posted by gillianclaude View Post
    You're a beautiful girl, so chin up and make sure you don't miss out on that good thing. Don't waste time things of all the whys and what ifs - enjoy your time with him
    Ah thanks that's kind of you to say!

I'm pleased to say iv gotten over myself on the whole and it's going well at the moment!

Neither of us are in a hurry so just taking one day at a time.