Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobbleberries

Default Wobbleberries

It was suggested we should start a thread for those of us nutters that have signed up for the Willberries Wobbleberries challenge.

So I thought I'd start a diary on here for us all to share our progress and cheer each other on.

If someone has already started a thread I'm sorry, I did have a quick look but couldn't spot anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was going to school today but the fields were still too wet. Went on a nice hack, albeit very windy, and had a few long canters up gradual hills and realised how much fittening work Binks and I will need!!
    Thanks to cinnabar suggesting interval training next spring.....team Binks is definitely going to need it lol, especially as a BE80 is around 5 minutes long which may not sound like much but I watched one on YouTube and it seemed to go on forever lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for making the thread Bex.
    I haven't started training yet but I have some exciting news I might get to share soon that's part of my wobbleberries challenge.

Bro and Brian got a bath today ready to start doing more. I want them all to have a chance to do some fun training and think this is a good chance to do that. Build my confidence and get them fitter.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I've just signed up royaly bricking it, especially as Midas is yet to jump X country. I have no doubts as to whether he'll do them or not but jumping really isn't my thing!! Always wanted to do t so nothing like having a reason to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle pop View Post
    I've just signed up royaly bricking it, especially as Midas is yet to jump X country. I have no doubts as to whether he'll do them or not but jumping really isn't my thing!! Always wanted to do t so nothing like having a reason to do it!
    Well done it's all about the taking part and raising money but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've also signed up, i'm also hoping to be signed up for another chairty fun run in Stonform another xc thing next year too. This next year will be mine and Ronnies fun year and progress.
    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic45_1.gif
    Proud Owner Of Two Ex Race Horses, Mr Tuplin And Rony Dony

I'm currently still at the lunging stage of vet rehab from arthritis diagnosis in his hock. Hopefully we'll get the all clear to crack on the not too distant future.

Planning an intro dressage in a few weeks as he can walk/trot

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So this morning we did a schooling session. He was not in a good mood. Tacking him up he was putting everything in his mouth and just being a royal pain. (although I couldn't help but laugh as he was so polite whilst doing it)
    Got on and we could not stand still so off we went. Pretty much straight into a semi-stretchy trot, I say semi as most of the time he was getting distracted by anything remotely not to do with listening to me. After a few moments of "Oh hell I think we're going airborne soon" during transitions we settled into being a snake. Asked for some leg yields, did some circles and serpintines and worked on we can go in a straight line then called it a day.
    My legs completely failed me today though and the pain was just unbearable so all of the session was done with seat which probably explains a lot of the wiggling about. I think he was really seeking my leg today and it just wasn't there.

Turned him out and he spent a good 5 minutes leaping about like a fool.

Brian had the day off as my back just wasn't up to doing anymore riding. He's going to do something tomorrow.

Still not decided who will end up doing the challenge. I really want them all to have a crack at doing something different so I hope you don't mind me updating this for more than one horse.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sounds good and of course it doesn't matter if we have updates on both, I love reading about everyone's antics.

I put Binks on the equi ami today. Normally she spends the first 5 minutes squealing and cantering but she was very reserved today so we did loads of transitions. It's very hard without a ménage tho as the ground was still a little slippery today so I was worried about her being silly and falling over.
    Nice schooling session planned for tomorrow however we've had more rain this evening so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    Sounds good and of course it doesn't matter if we have updates on both, I love reading about everyone's antics.

I put Binks on the equi ami today. Normally she spends the first 5 minutes squealing and cantering but she was very reserved today so we did loads of transitions. It's very hard without a ménage tho as the ground was still a little slippery today so I was worried about her being silly and falling over.
    Nice schooling session planned for tomorrow however we've had more rain this evening so we shall see.

What do you think to the Equi Ami as thinking of getting one myself?