Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Wobbleberries

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,171

    Default

    Had a quick school tonight (in the dark and drizzle, booooo) and he's feeling a little sluggish again. Although could've been picking up from me. Trot work feels great, just need to work out how to ride a straight horse!

    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle pop View Post
    What do you think to the Equi Ami as thinking of getting one myself?
    I love it, wouldn't be without it. I also have a Pessoa and much much prefer the equi ami and so does Binky. So much easier to use and adjust and it levels itself out due to the loop on the sides, much easier than faffing with adjusting the Pessoa and trying to get both sides even. Can't recommend it enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Cotswolds
    Posts
    5,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCavala.. View Post
    Had a quick school tonight (in the dark and drizzle, booooo) and he's feeling a little sluggish again. Although could've been picking up from me. Trot work feels great, just need to work out how to ride a straight horse!

    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    My King is exactly the same in the school at the moment! Like riding a riding school pony


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    I love it, wouldn't be without it. I also have a Pessoa and much much prefer the equi ami and so does Binky. So much easier to use and adjust and it levels itself out due to the loop on the sides, much easier than faffing with adjusting the Pessoa and trying to get both sides even. Can't recommend it enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brill thanks BEX I'm going to invest, especially as he need to fitten up with some lungeing alongside his ridden work. He has lost some fitness over the summer.


    Today was officially Day 1 of preparing for the Wobbleberry Challenge!
    Just a short walk and Trot session for today as a little unbalanced in the canter (we've kept it to light work over summer)
    I'm so impressed with the short session we had! Anyone who reads my threads, knows that Midas can be a bit 'Special' at times and will find ANYTHING to spook at. Last week when ridden in the big arena I decided enough was enough and with a positive attitude we rode past everything he would normally have a hissy at, in walk trot and canter! He was really good and despite some looks and attempts at a jump, he quickly gave in and went lovely - much better than the week before when he spooked at every blade of grass poking through the arena fencing!
    Today I went in with the same determination - I won't get anywhere in this challenge without some guts! He went amazing white lots of regular Midas spook zones, he ambled past with no more than a look. Relaxed through his pole and happy to work!

    A good first session! Luckily I'm confident about the dressage phase as that's the easy but for us so need to fitten up and start jumping - maybe some shows over winter ready for some X country when it dries up! Although I have one big problem to tackle....water!!!




    Having a laugh together at the fact that we signed up to jump a BE80


    Some fittening to go!

    Now all I need is someone around to take photos when I'm actually riding!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Mine and Ronnies schooling work has started, he's slowly starting to relax but i think more of that will come with time and when physcio has been out too.
    Our go fund me page is now up and been accepted to the team woohoo, so now the really work begins and the up coming nerves.


    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic45_1.gif
    Proud Owner Of Two Ex Race Horses, Mr Tuplin And Rony Dony

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    I haven't had my email yet not sure if I should be worried or not? We've had a couple good schooling sessions although today she was extremely lazy as I forgot my whip and she knows when I don't have it. Also put her on the equi ami a few days and she's really getting the hang of it. She's starting to really stretch down and work her top line. I try and do a hack at least once a week.
    However our nemesis, or should I say my nemesis, is jumping and I really need to get a lesson booked to get me kick started......watch this space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bexnstar View Post
    I haven't had my email yet not sure if I should be worried or not? We've had a couple good schooling sessions although today she was extremely lazy as I forgot my whip and she knows when I don't have it. Also put her on the equi ami a few days and she's really getting the hang of it. She's starting to really stretch down and work her top line. I try and do a hack at least once a week.
    However our nemesis, or should I say my nemesis, is jumping and I really need to get a lesson booked to get me kick started......watch this space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've not had my e-mail and not getting replies to messages - hopefully just because they are busy.
    I've set up my just giving page and will post a link - if everyone else does the same I'll donate some into each. Would be nice to help us all get a positive push

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Woo hoo got my email last night so the challenge is definitely on. Need to get my just giving page set up and my disclaimer signed and emailed over.....it's on .


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    710

    Default

    I sent my disclaimer last night so hopefully all is ok! My just giving page is set and I've raised 10. I'm gonna have to rely on word of mouth as many FB pages are deleting my requests! Im not expecting everyone to donate, even a share is helpful.

    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Sarah-Chambers12

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northamptonshire/oxfordshire border
    Posts
    4,715

    Default

    I hope they do this yearly/biyearly! It was just too much to ask bobby to do next season but 2018 he'd be game!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •