Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Badger 2017

Big well done!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Another outing this weekend,this time to Vale View for the second round trailblazers dressage.

He was easy to get ready, load and travel and warmed up nicely.

In the warm-up test (Prelim 12) he spooked three times and rushed into canter, but we still came away with a 4th place. I was glad for the warm up class to get his spooks out.

An hour till the Trailblazers class and he loaded up and stood happily munching on the trailer until we were ready to warm up again.

The second time we warmed up, the arena was.empty so we made the most of it and he went beautifully, really off my leg. And in we went, first ones in, for prelim 14.

Not only did Badger give me the best dressage test I've ever ridden, but we were in the top 6 of a huge class of 20 under a notoriously harsh judge and to top that, our placing means we've qualified for the Trailblazers dressage championships at Stoneleigh in the summer 🤗🤗🤗

I'm still beaming from ear to ear. He was fab and I'm afraid I welled up when I saw we had qualified. Being the first in is horrid when you're watching the score board change every 5 minutes, but we did it

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

A couple of silly photos from when we got back to the yard

Awww I bet you are so chuffed...and so you should be too!!congratulations!!cant wait to read about more of your summer adventures x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pleased for you!

[URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Well done, that's brilliant x

We've had a fun couple of weeks.
    Went to UK Chasers last weekend. My friend had to drop out due to her boy being lame, so I went with the brave girls LOL.

We did the long ride (8.5miles) instead of the short and as the jumps were mostly larger, I gave myself a target of 5 things to junp. Pleased to say we beat our target and did 9 including logs, small rails, ditch (badgers nemesis and I'd never been able to get him over one before), steps, water and brushes
    He loves water but we've never jumped in before and he launched himself off the step and stood in the middle splashing teehee.

My friends are very brave and jumped everything so it meant holding Badger back a lot. I had blisters on my fingers! Maybe xc in a group in a snaffle wasn't the best idea LOL. Anything, maybe a bit rethink for next time.

This week I really wanted to take Badger to the course again as the fast work is great for both of our fitness. But you have to go in pairs at least and nobody was free or could afford it, so my friend and I used our xc field for some canter work. There's a few xc jumps in our fields ranging from 50cm to 100cm. We only jump the 50cm and I've been saying I wish there was a 70cm option. So today I thought sod it, and popped over the next biggest whoop whoop. I was reliably informed that it's 80cm so I went and measured it, and they were correct!! 83cm to be precise LOL

Tried the boy in a 2 ring snaffle for brakes and it helped loads when doing fast work, but I think it's a bit much for jumping so I'll try the big ring next time.

Off to riding club camp on Friday. My dream, I've always wanted to do a camp. Can't wait

I think he's looking well. We've had shoes off for 7 weeks now and hes still not coping well on any rough ground so shoes back on front this week. We've got a lot work coming up so think it's best

Just caught up on this! Your going great guns! Well done x

Had the best weekend at riding club camp

DAY 1
    Arrived at Bury Farm at 10:30 ready for my first dressage lesson at 11am. A dressage lesson with a new trainer, in the amazing indoor arena. It was very spooky I thought but Badger didn't care. I sat up and rode. Matt didn't laugh at me when I said we were aiming for Novice and had me doing counter canter and medium trot, and told me how I've been teaching him things is correct just needs a few tweaks.

Next was show jumping and another amazing lesson. We jumped everything after I got told off for not riding and then letting him just slow down when I'm nervous, so I bucked my ideas up and kicked on.

Day 2
    A mixed day but ended on a good note. Went XC jumping first thing but scared myself when Badger jumped a box jump HUGE. When I don't push on, he slows up and cat leaps things, then I cr*p myself. I lost it, shaped badly and gave up so hacked round while the others jumped. I did manage a decent ditch and some logs on a hill before finishing so I must look at the positives. In the afternoon we had our showjumping and I pulled myself together, jumped a course and a large water tray really nicely and came away smiling. At 3pm I had a flat lesson but Badger and I were half dead by then so we just had a short session and called it a day

Day 3
    Last day at camp and we finished on a real high. Had a morning Biomechanics lesson with Julia La Garde which really opened my eyes to position changes and made me feel muscles I've never felt before (and still am). Then was a lunchtime gridwork lesson with Tom Fray which was something new for us although Badger lacked a bit of oomph. Last thing was another XC session with our RC chairwoman. It was just me and one other lady with our boys. I told the tribes about my confidence knock and she started me off on the little logs in the mini field which I was happy with......... but within half an hour she had me jumping my nemesis from day before, plus some pheasant feeders, a little chair and roll-top . Badger was loving it. we flew over the ditch from canter AND even managed the tyres on the main BE80 course I was kicking on properly and he really was flying for me.

We had the best afternoon to finish the weekend off and Badger was a star, settled in lovely into gos stable and was the quietest of the lot very proud of him, and of myself

Aww glad you had a great time!!!