Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Badger 2017

Badger and I have been doing lots

Last week we did the riding club SJ practice night and managed a really nice round of 14 jumps at 2ft3. Had comments from a really good competition rider on our yard that she's never seen us jump so well and rhythmical

Moving onto today.... BD Quest dressage at Moulton. I decided this would be our first Novice test, having recently moved from intro to prelim in the new year.... I did a prelim first and got 68.3%, then into warmup with the posh warmblood.

I wanted to score at least 58%. Not a total impossibility but I was expecting to let him down. Badger was ace, lovely straight lines and cracked the counter canter. We didn't disgrace ourselves at all and scored 65% over the flippin moon. Such a good lad. And the novice tests seem to flow so much better.

The judge came to see us after to give us some hints and tips. As a so called 'harsh judge', I was really impressed by her encouraging comments and helpful tips.

I'm still smiling tonight, Badger is such a dude

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Another week and more fun.
    Dressage again in which we got over 67% in Novice 27 at My Quest

Also went yesterday to a local eventers arena and good old Badge flew round up to around 85cm including skinnies, brushes and even a funky looking gypsy caravan jump LOL.

Tonight we did some riding without reins and I felt like a kid again

I'm also schooling a friend's 17hh Irish sports horse at the moment as she's had an operation and hoping to get him out competing soon

Last night's evening riding club dressage outing didn't start well.

I loaded Badger into my friends lorry and thought he'd stand quietly while I got a haynet.......he didn't!!! He didn't like it on his own and tried to escape under two partitions and got stuck luckily he didn't panic while he was held still and I squeezed myself past him to get his tack off quickly, then we manged to get his head right down to get the partitions off him. God what a panic but thankfully he was unscathed and he kept calm.

The delay meant it was a mad rush to get there with only ten minutes to warm up. Badger and I manged a 2nd place in the Prelim class but not great in the Novice thanks to the dreaded wrong canter strike off, yet again. Seems we're having a bit of blip at the moment with canter

I was VERY pleased with him when they had a presentation in the field next door, right behind the hedge so nobody could see them but they kept bursting into sporadic rounds of applause. Understandably it upset a lot of the horses but Badger made me smile as he took it all in without even a sideways glance good practice for Olympia I say LOL

Onwards and upwards, going to have a play with with a different snaffle later.

The difference a week makes!
    This weekend we went back to BD Quest instead of Riding club, and got two Personal Bests

Prelim 18 - 71.53%, 2nd AND....
    Novice 30 - 70.57%, 2nd. Over the moon in decent size classes in a hot stuff indoor arena. The tests felt lovely but you never can tell.

Just as I was leaving I saw the judge and thanked her. She said she's judged us a few times and his paces are so rhythmical. I just need to work on his lightness now for novice tests.

I asked her if I was being too ambitious to become a full BD member and she said no not at all
    So that's my plan. I'm going to so some BD classes now (I can do prelim bronze with my current membership which will do till the new year) and see if I can build some points

Well done

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]