Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye, Lucy

Default Goodbye, Lucy

Some of you already know from other channels, but unfortunately we had to say goodbye to big Lucy today ... She would have been 19 years old next week, and it feels like we have lost her too early. After retiring from dressage some years ago, she enjoyed some wonderful years hacking across the South Downs with her loaner. We've done everything to keep her comfortable. Remedial shoes, barefoot rehab, supplements, magnets, .... but in the last few weeks her arthritic fetlock was clearly bothering her more and more. On some days, she was very lame even with bute. Tonight she runs free with her best friend that we lost in 2015.

Heartbroken. Grateful for what we've had; grateful that Lucy was able to teach Lance everything he knows (for better or for worse!); grateful that I've been able to join Lucy for a few hacks on Ghost. Lucy was one of the cleverest horses I ever met. I am so glad I knew and loved her.

So sorry to read this, sending huge hugs to you and Lucy's loaner.
    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic45_1.gif
    Proud Owner Of Two Ex Race Horses, Mr Tuplin And Rony Dony

I was really sorry to read this on Facebook, she was beautiful horse and much loved on TO. RIP Lucy xx

I'm so sorry, she was so beautiful x

I haven't posted here for years. But this post just popped up on my notifications and I couldn't not post. I was always a big Lucy and Lance fan and am so sad to read your heartbreaking news. Run free Lucy. Thoughts are with you Soot. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BindyB
    x

Thanks for your thoughts. I feel guilty because in recent years I have been all about Lance and Ghost and Lance and Ghost and a bit more Lance. But Lucy has been happy and well-cared for by her loaner and she's always been "there" ... Can't believe it's been already 9 days since the world doesn't have Lucy in it any more ... And also been 9 years since I love Rambo. Wtf .... Too much sadness, but ... these two Keep me going.

So sorry to see this, she was a beautiful girl x

I don't remember why, but I definitely thought about the lovely Lucy the other day and how she was getting on. Funny how some horses just stick in your mind despite never properly meeting them! So sorry for your loss Soot, she was a beautiful girl x

So sorry to read this! Thinking of you! Xx

Really sorry to hear this 😢 xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk