Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, well here goes

Default Ok, well here goes

My news (not the blurby blog stuff).

Both daughters are home - (clock ticking as they are adults and about to embark on their careers). But it is lovely and we all go out riding together, which is something I never thought would ever happen. Youngest was never a rider until she suddenly announced aged 20 she wanted "to have a shot".

She is going very well now and I gave her my horse, Klaengur, the one I bought for me to replace Haakon, from Iceland. They like each other more and she has him going very well so it made sense.

Other daughter is home from working at a breeding/training Icelandic stud in Norway where she worked for a year. She has enrolled at the Royal Dick (vet school attached to Edinburgh University) to do a Masters in Equine Science, which she can do from home and train as well trying for the British team (Icelandic horse competitions).

Me? Well, I still ride Haakon. We have adopted the Sancho Panzo on a donkey status. You know, trailing behind yelling "go on without me, if you want" because Haakon is old and it is not fair to expect him to keep up with the young guns. He does his best but is feeling his age. He will tell me when he wants to stop - another clock ticking scenario.

BeAnne has made a marvellous recovery from her spinal paralysis and she is 12 - clock ticking - and I worry as she has slowed down alot over the last year. She does what she wants, and sometimes has puppy days and sometimes doesn't.

Lambie is now 2 years old. He is a dude. Our dude and has his friends - 'Bert and 'Ster - but they are not as wonderful as Lambie, who would happily live inside and is sort of housetrained if you read the signals. My OH loathes him with a vengeance.

The Minions are up to 6 now. No more. That's it. We have two Icelandic foals this year, one from last year, and another the year before.

My back? I go day by day trying not to do things that make it ouch. It doesn't take much but six monthly steroid epidural injections seem to keep my fourth batch of surgery at bay. Riding helps and so does walking but I know when I have done too much. I realise that pain is something I live with so rather than constantly mucking up my innards trying to stay on top of it, I just live within my physical means.

So that is sort of me.

Tell me your news.

Sounds fab Frances, good to have the girls home I bet!

Josh is 9 this year, where the hell did that time go!
    I'm enjoying novice dressage and jumping up to 70cm and just basically having a blast with Badger.

We've just bought first family dog, a cocker puppy called Rupert and he is just adorable

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I think this calls for photos of Badger (loving the name) and Rupert (another good 'un).

Time is flying, isn't it. Mine are 21 and 23. I find that hard to write. tbh

Double posted because I haven't had any gin today!

Nice to see an update from you.

I sold Soda about 2.5-3 years ago now, mad how time flies! Skippy is very old but looking fantastic and I'm firmly of the belief that he may well outlive me. Come the apocalypse he'll still be shambling around the smoking remnants of the earth... I lost my big grey, Geoff, a year ago now but still have Tiger, the ex-racehorse. He's fab, I've found my bravepants from somewhere so I actually jump now and go off and do things with him, which is nice. Hoping to do BE next season if everything goes to plan and I have a real job and enough money. Outside of horses, after 3 years of doing the Army wife thing and moving more than once every 12 months on average, I've put my foot down and we're now in the process of buying a house and settling somewhere. Which is both exciting and terrifying! Husband will be working away during the week so more horse time for me!

Would be lovely to see this forum regain some of its old life and vigour!

Moving is such hard work, I agree.

BE? (sorry, not into the lingo)

So bobby is growing. Getting cocky and temperamental

I got engaged 7 weeks ago

Not much else has happened in my life!!

Nat so glad you and badger are soaring!! How is josh 9!!!! Already!!!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Many congratulations on the engagement.

Are you going to have a horse-themed wedding?

Errr we are having a photo shoot with the horse after the wedding, if I have 2 separate venues I think I might have a horse and carriage

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Good idea x