Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, well here goes

Quote Originally Posted by rosabelle View Post
    Bet it is lovely to be riding out with your girls, I love my hacks with mother. As we both have youngsters it's a battle of "who is in front this time?"

My news is that, 3 years ago DH and I moved into our own house, we have decided to try to start a family - which has been a bit hard on my front due to health issues - lots of trips to doctors for myself - BOO!
    On the horse front, I have two brilliant horses, I have recently taken my Maxi Cob to county level shows and I am determined to try and qualify for Search for a star/HOYS next year and I also have a fantastic showjumper I bought last year and we have joined BSJA and I am thinking of joining BE next year!
    It is lovely riding with the girls. Something I never thought would happen in so many ways.

They are both IVF, one hated riding until she was 20 and my back is not very helpful. So don't give up on any of it, really.

Ones of me taken by my friends 12yr old daughter, bless her

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

She did good x

Ahhh good to see more and more familiar faces!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

It would be lovely if this forum could become what it used to be, i used to spend so many hours on here!

I now work in my partners brewery in the office so i have a fair bit of time to sit online haha i do help out but sometimes for me i end up with nothing to do so having a forum to sit on is ideal (and not a scary one like H&H where i won't post as i'm scared of everyone)

About 2 years ago i decided i couldnt ride Locki anymore, after multiple falls in the past and lots of pain for me when trying to sit on him i put him on loan to his sharer, that worked for about a year until she decided she couldnt handle him anymore. She was so lovely but i think a bit too nice when it came to him pratting around a bit, she was distraught when she brought him back, but luckily for him i would never let him down. He had decided he didnt want to be ridden anymore so i decided to take his shoes off and retire him in a 30 acre field that my friend rents. Its been amazing, in the last year or so we have become best friends, we cuddle, he eats and i treat any ailments he has but the stress is just gone! His best friend passed away at the end of last year all of a sudden and that caused him some stress, he lost a lot of weight and we were both stressed out (i kept thinking if it could happen to his friend it could happen to him!) but luckily things calmed down and by around March time he had put all the weight back on and then some! He's now the leader of a herd for the first time in his life!
    I also found out recently that my pain was caused by hip dysplasia and i'm now waiting to see a surgeon, so maybe one day i'll be fixed and can ride again but right now i'm happy as things are and if the pain is too much i have a friend who will go and make sure he's all good.
    ♥Locki ♥ My love for you is everlasting ♥

Lovely.

It is not all about the riding, is it? I found that out too and then everything fell into place. x

The anxieties and stresses seem to disappear when the pressure to ride is taken away, i felt awful if i didnt ride at least 3 or 4 times a week and would get so stressed out about the weather of if the school was busy, none of that anymore!
    ♥Locki ♥ My love for you is everlasting ♥

Lovely to see updates from everyone. TM badger looks so cool (and seriously, how the heck is Josh 9?!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God I know, it's scary. Josh rode again the other day, first time for a year and all he wanted to do was trot LOL

And we popped some more jumps

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Nat your looking amazing! And josh looks great

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]