Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floinn at IDHSGB show 2017

Default Floinn at IDHSGB show 2017

So we took the gorgeous Floinn over to Lincolnshire for the IDHSGB breed show, sadly I woke up that morning with a sore head, as it went on I got more and more ill, ending up not being able to stand up without actually being sick and spending much of the day sleeping on my trailer ramp. I was gutted but since we had gone over there and made so much effort in getting him ready I decided to try and find someone to take him in.

He is such a beautifully behaved stallion that I just I knew he would be perfect for someone else, which was nice to know I could hand him over. So I did to a friend and as suspected he was foot perfect. Pulled originally 5th out of 18 (the horse below him having gone champion in Dublin a few years ago) and he ended up 7th, did a bit of a wriggle in front of the judge when trying to look at his back view and a little spook at a shouty stallion stepping out of line dropped his placing. No need for any concern though he remained above the dublin winning mare who was heavily in season with her tail up and streams of ladyness coming out not even a rear about all of this. Such a good boy. I am so proud and lovely when people are saying how much of a credit he is to me being able to hand him to someone who had never met him before and he is still wonderfully behaved. Lovely to hear but I did dislike standing on the sidelines.

So anyway some pictures of him.

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

He looks amazing. Really nice boy.

Miserable isn't it when you feel like death all day? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    He looks amazing. Really nice boy.

Miserable isn't it when you feel like death all day? Xx
    Very miserable, more so when you are sad that you want to be in the ring with your pony! I am not a sideline kinda owner I couldn't really stand up by the time he went in the ring and it was certainly better he went in then I selfishly kept him out because I didn't like to not be the handler! It shows that he can be handed to someone who met him an hour before the class and still put a fantastic show. I think temperament is so important with a stallion, and it was lovely he behaved just as he does for me.
    I was sat on a box outside the collecting ring and he is such a darling when he was brought over for hints and tips from me he would rest his nose on my face and blow gently. I think he knew that Mum wasn't quite right!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

Beautiful
    Just because you're not paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you

No words... he is absolutely stunning!!

Sorry to hear you were really ill

Quote Originally Posted by Poppet View Post
    Beautiful
    Thank you!! He is quite a horse, I am so glad hubby is letting me keep him!

Quote Originally Posted by rosabelle View Post
    No words... he is absolutely stunning!!

Sorry to hear you were really ill
    Ahhh its alright I am slowly getting back to normal, I am rarely throwing up type sick and its been over 4 years since I have not been able to leg it to a bathroom before the action happens...

But he is something else! My boys all make me so proud, considering the mare stood next to him and how wonderfully he behaved I am just so in love with him!

He's a bit special isn't he?! And what a good boy to behave like that with a mare squirting at him lol
    Out of interest how do they organise the classes? At the shire breed show mares, geldings etc are all separate, is the ID one done by age?

Quote Originally Posted by ShireLovinGal View Post
    He's a bit special isn't he?! And what a good boy to behave like that with a mare squirting at him lol
    Out of interest how do they organise the classes? At the shire breed show mares, geldings etc are all separate, is the ID one done by age?
    At last years show they had a class for geldings and stallions and mares were separate... This year only one non ridden class Floinn could do as he isn't quite ready for ridden showing yet, and that was maturity so anything over the age of 4, stallions had to be graded mares and geldings didn't and as such it was a huge class. He is really special, his trot is divine! The mare was probably worse since she was so close to a stallion!

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    At last years show they had a class for geldings and stallions and mares were separate... This year only one non ridden class Floinn could do as he isn't quite ready for ridden showing yet, and that was maturity so anything over the age of 4, stallions had to be graded mares and geldings didn't and as such it was a huge class. He is really special, his trot is divine! The mare was probably worse since she was so close to a stallion!
    Interesting! And what a good lad, temperament is so important in a stallion, would be at the top of my list if I ever breed from my girls

I've met a lot of ID stallions and I've never actually personally met one with an ugly temperament!
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]