Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hat recommendations

Default Hat recommendations

Hello everyone!

I am looking for some riding hat suggestions to have for showjumping.

I have one for showing and will never use it for showjumping - just incase! (cost too much realistically haha).
    I also have one for at home/schooling and XC.
    I love the look of the Gatehouse Conquest, PROtector and the Charles Owen YR8 (with sparkles ) it is such a mindfield!!

What does everyone else have?

Is the YR8 a junior Ayr8? I love my ayr8 it is the most amazing thing ever Charles owen is what I swear by, and when I fell off and under Ted I the ayr8 certainly protected the old hat rack!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Haha, no it's for adults and children - just with sparkly bits! Yes I definitely need something that is going to protect the noggin'!

Hats have changed so much but I do like tradition. Sorry but I do. I think it is classy.

But safety is everything so if snazzy outdoes tradition, I would go whatever is the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by rosabelle View Post
    Haha, no it's for adults and children - just with sparkly bits! Yes I definitely need something that is going to protect the noggin'!
    Ohhh heck! Sparkly bits are bit beyond me I am very much navy and brown with hats Don't really do bling... But I am sure if its the same hat model the sparkle won't change how the hat protects

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.

^^^^^

In my head that made perfect sense!

(Sitting outside while sheep lie at my feet burping so I am forgiven for incoherent writing)

No I definitely agree! I had a Gatehouse Chelsea up til a few weeks ago but found it pinched round the front of my head and gave me a headache I love the look of the charles Owen AYR8 leather look.. I want something that will fit my awkward shaped head also

No I definitely agree! I had a Gatehouse Chelsea up til a few weeks ago but found it pinched round the front of my head and gave me a headache I love the look of the charles Owen AYR8 leather look.. I want something that will fit my awkward shaped head also
    Literally nothing fits me except for Charles Owen

I am very tempted to buy another one of these for jumping - it does look smart and is very comfy!mouse.jpg

Said picture is myself and a (very hairy) happy Mouse from last year.. the one time I jumped in my showing hat!! ( more nervous about falling off and damaging hat instead of jumping haha!! )

I am very tempted to buy another one of these for jumping - it does look smart and is very comfy!mouse.jpg

Said picture is myself and a (very hairy) happy Mouse from last year.. the one time I jumped in my showing hat!! ( more nervous about falling off and damaging hat instead of jumping haha!! )
    It does look smart!! I like a velvet hat!!