Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRC National Champs

Default BRC National Champs

So my main horsie news of the summer is that Lance and I went to the BRC National Champs in Swalcliffe!
    There, we met Cinnabar who was fence judging one of my fences - that was awesome

It was a super adventure, as it's long format eventing with roads and tracks. The travel alone was a challenge to me, mentally, after last October's freaking out in the box and rearing over the breast bar excitement. After all, nothing like being stuck on the M25 for a few hours to soothe the nerves, NOT! But we got there (and back!) safely with only a bit of banging from a bored and tired pony who just wanted to get home and tell his friends about his weekend

Long story short:

Dressage test was a nice test in a long arena. I'd only learned it a few days earlier as I stupidly thought it would be the same test as the qualifier. It went well, although I stopped when I heard a double beep because I thought I'd gone wrong. Luckily the judge was also confused as the beeps really did sound like it was in our arena so she didn't penalise me and even got out of the car to say Don't Worry and Continue! Oops. It was a peaceful and obedient test for 31.1.

The SJ was very wet and I didn't much like the course. I rode like a plonker but Lance is a genius and so we only knocked one pole despite me putting him into sticky situations several times. Thanks, Lance <3

The roads & tracks were good fun and easy peasy for seasoned hackers like us.

The steeplechase was amazing and we managed to to stay within the time for no penalties!

The XC was epppppppic and I whooped my way round like a savage. Lance would have been quite justified to remove this pale ape and continue without me but he chose to grin and bear it and thus we sailed around clear with only 6 time penalties!

Our home for three days

Stressage

Pro pic from the SJ

Steeplechase!

The fence Cinnabar was fence judging - dastardly downhill run!

He flew most of the course like this, not even giving me a moment of worry at any of the technical questions. He is the best!

The end!

Wow that looks amazing, well done what a little legend he is. I did theMKEC 3DE years ago and we had a disastrous weekend lol but was still pretty good fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks absolutely amazing!!! Well done xx

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

He looks fabulous!!! I really love him, he is a cracking little guy!! Such a gorgeous shape in his dressage as well!!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Fantastic!! Well done you!
    I've always admired the lovely shape he makes over a jump

Brilliant.

(Love Lance, what a guy!)

Well done Soot and lance. I love the rainbow Picture

Super photos , well done both of you!

Hattie and I went to the BRC Combined Training Champs in the spring, but the team were not placed. We also qualified for the BRC Dressage Championships at Lincoln....but that is 200 miles away and the whole team could not attend.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    Super photos , well done both of you!

Hattie and I went to the BRC Combined Training Champs in the spring, but the team were not placed. We also qualified for the BRC Dressage Championships at Lincoln....but that is 200 miles away and the whole team could not attend.
    I didn't realise there were combined training qualifiers - I'd like that! I went as an individual for the horse trials and it was soooooo different from when I've done champs as a team. Thankfully I can a good ground crew so I wasn't totally left to my own devices!

I can't compete in the Lincoln qualifiers as I know I won't go. My club allows people to take part if they are available for the champs in case of qualification. I got 80% in the LSE qualifier though! But the rest of the team did not fare so well We're going to LSE show jumping in September

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I didn't realise there were combined training qualifiers - I'd like that! I went as an individual for the horse trials and it was soooooo different from when I've done champs as a team. Thankfully I can a good ground crew so I wasn't totally left to my own devices!

I can't compete in the Lincoln qualifiers as I know I won't go. My club allows people to take part if they are available for the champs in case of qualification. I got 80% in the LSE qualifier though! But the rest of the team did not fare so well We're going to LSE show jumping in September
    Re being able to go to champs, the advice to clubs might be changing as they just can't get the volunteers sometimes if that HAVE to be available to go to the champs, so now they (BRC) might accept just telling them before hand that certain teams may not go to he champs if they qualify.

Yes - combined training is the best qualifier (apart from the horse trials and eventers challenge lol) I am team manager for our club and it is perfect for riding clubbers. Jumps are 75 or 85 usually. The champs were at Aston Le Walls this year.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]