Thread: What's everyone's goals?

Default What's everyone's goals?

I find setting goals for winter makes it much more bearable.

So in the run up (next few weeks) I'm hacking and hacking only!!! Trying to get out 5 times a week walk and trot and as we get better introducing canter before the weather gets too poor.

Then I'll start working in the schooling hoping to develops bobby's obedience in the school and by the end of winter I would like him to be reactive and forward off my legs in all 3 paces

We are planning to go dressaging during winter too

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quite a novel goal....To get back on a horse!!

I sold Miloh before I had my little girl (she's 2) and have since had a little boy (14 weeks).

I've started to take my daughter riding and she absolutely loves it, and it's motivated me to try and get back in the saddle. Going to book a lesson for next month I think.

Awww MaM congrats!

Want a fab goal! :-) very achievable!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thankyou!

Ideally I want to go back to the beginning and try and refrain my bad habits that have developed over the years.

Well done M&M - a good pile of goals.

Me? Not sure really - to get everyone through a harsh Shetland winter is always my main priority.

To keep riding my old horse if he is happy for that.

(to lose about 4 stone and become thinner - and now we are talking dreamworld and losing reality)

T is pretty much semi retired to hacking with pleasure rides, but i'd like to get him a bit more fitter than he is right now.
    Ronnie is my big goal, and after months of teatment to reactions, then foot abcsess and then ulcers things have took a back burner.
    However my goal with him is schooling,hacking and some light showing when possible.
    Most of this with Ronnie is dueable, as at pressent i'm on a grass livery for a while, while my own place is having drainage and reseeding being sorted out.
    I was set to do the Wobbleberry challenge, but this will be move to next years. So that is my total goal as such and a big aim, so i am hoping Ronnie stays sound lol.
    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic45_1.gif
    Proud Owner Of Two Ex Race Horses, Mr Tuplin And Rony Dony

Some good goals guys!

My horsey goals:
    Goal 1) Get Buster off of box rest and back in a field
    Goal 2) I want to make Buster as bombproof as possible so out will come the tarp, umbrellas etc!
    Goal 3) Get Buster loading happily and out on some drives

Well I achieved my goal of competing in a BE80 this year for the wobbleberry challenge and the willberry wonderpony charity.

This winter I want to just enjoy her as much a possible.
    I want to ride as much as I did last winter.
    Do some winter dressage.
    Compete in a few winter arena eventer trials at keysoe.
    The ultimate aim is to do the keysoe unaffiliated 3DE next may if they hold it.

It's been a fab summer and we have achieved more than I ever imagined possible, so proud of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George I want to get loose jumping over the winter.
    Floinn do more schooling and get canter truly licked!
    Jetlee if I am honest will take a back burner as it is more important to get the other two going...
    Ted keep him ticking and find an instructor to shout at me about any bad habits creeping in

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

Well, what I thought my goals were have some what changed!

I want to survive the remaining two weeks of box rest with King, and then the pending 3 months field rest! I then have no goals beyond that, as it is up to him what speed we go with his reintroduction to work (he has just had a Kissing Spine op).

However for the new pony, who arrived two days ago and is unbacked. I would like to do a quiet funride with her in December and a 70cm one day event in April. But again, so reliant on the horse coping with what we are doing, I will go at their speed