Thread: King Dressage outing report {with pics}

Default King Dressage outing report {with pics}

I have the best horse, ever. Noone can convince me otherwise right at this moment. We haven't been placed. We haven't even scored all that well, but we went, we saw, we conquered, and best of all, he worked beautifully!!!

We set off about 45 mins down the m4 today for intro a an prelim 1. This was our first go at travelling him to a comp on his own, and as I had hoped he's sooooo much easier to deal with on his own when not looking for his buddy.

Started with a bit of a fuss on the yard with my friends horse shimmying out of his rug, then the other friend not being able to catch her devil pony. Then some other carries turned up to our surprise and proceeded to try to load, causing issues (and being rude when asked if I could get my box out that they'd parked in front of despite me being on the yard first...)

Anyway, he loaded and travelled like a dream. Left him on the box while I paid and peed. Then my yardies arrived and helped me tack up. Went and warmed up trying to remember how I ride at home - something I really struggle with! Did quite a nice quiet test for 61% some nice comments. Just need to get him forwards.

Had a break, unpacked and called yardies tests. Came back, repacked, and got back on. He felt mega in the warm up and my friend got me to get after him immediately going around the arena. He was awesome. Almost too forwards at times, breaking his trot fig 8 for canter. But, we got the correct leads for both canter's!!!! He felt super mega amazing!!

Took him back to the box, loaded him up and left him while final yardie did her second test. He stood for well over an hour. Chilled out and just chomped hay. Super proud mum moment - he's gone from not loading to only travelling with a buddy to standing on his own box rest a leg. Such a dude.

A superb day, amazing to come home with nothing and be this happy with him! Can't wait to get out more!!!

Fantastic!! Well done, sounds like he is really chilling out!! Whens the next one?

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

I'm away for a few weekends now so not sure yet. His next trip will be to the beach at the end of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. He looks (and you) good x

He is soooo gorgeous! What a huge achievement for you both. Congratulations!

What a fantastic achievement! Gave me a proper warm fuzzy feeling reading that. Well done yiu!

Thanks guys!!!

According to my friend I was not riding as well as I have been. So heres hoping we can do better next time.

I'm really looking forwards to getting him out more. Thinking we might try Trec soon!

Well done! Been following you both and so lovely to see x

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Super, well done