Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midlands horse camp - new thread.

Default Midlands horse camp - new thread.

Mods feel free to move it as wasn't sure where to put it.

I think we've come to a decision that we're going to have to split it into regions. I'm happy to organise it (with the help of someone else if anyone wants to nominate themselves).

First off i think we need to get an idea of numbers, so if you think it's something you'd like ot be involved with please stick your name down.

Basically my idea of what we'd do, turn up on the fri afternoon and maybe hack round the grounds (farm tracks etc) so this gives the horses a nice easy night to settle. Then do something in the morn and something in the afternoon. (for example XC in the morn flat work afternoon) But ofcourse if someone would rather not jump round XC we can sort it so whoever wants to do XC does that then afterwards whoever wants to do something else does that and we go watch them. If you see what i mean? So we're always staying as a group. And anyone not participating can watch/ take piccys!!

Same for sunday something in the morn and something afternoon. And we could take BBQ's (and wine ofcourse) for evening etc.

Now we need a venue, so far i have 2 favourites...

Hilltop

And

MKEC

Both look pretty good, but open to anymore suggestions. The only thing i would say is i'd want it to have a XC course because i can ride round a school at home

Anyway if you'd like to nominate yourself as mids helper please do, any suggestions would be great!

Just to add the lady from hilltop has gotten back to me -

Horse camp costs - 2009
    Camping at Hilltop (in our field) - sleep in you lorry, bring a tent or caravan - £2 per person per night. We have 2 lavatories with hand wash basins next to the camping field. We have 3 stables and one pony stable - hire per night (inc. straw bedding) - £15 per stable. We also have a field for turnout (horses that live together can use this overnight - £5 per horse). For larger groups there are livery stables (some with B & B) nearby - see Local Liveries on Hilltop website. You book these separately, and pay them.. Riders can leave their horse in livery overnight and camp at Hilltop. Hire of XC course is £15 per horse per day, Show Jumps is £7 per horse per day. For reasonable size groups we can provide a dressage arena on grass (£3 per horse per day). No extra charge for use of tracks. We have not yet set the charges for 2010, but increases (if any) will only be small.

Local Instructors: If you need an instructor, you can book one from the list on our Local Instructors page on the website (and pay them)> You can also bring your own if preferred.

Local facilities: Hilltop is only 1 mile from the centre of Ledbury where you have shops, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, take-away food (Italian, Indian, Chinese, Fish & Chips), a swimming pool, cottage hospital and places to visit. There is also a very good pub/restaurant in the village (walking distance).
    And has given a contact number re possible dates etc. I personally think that all sounds pretty good!

I would def be up for it if at mk as really local to me. If you need a hand organising something just let me know

Sounds great I might come along minus horses to help out and meet everyone
    Kc, since you're much further ahead in your thinking than I am why don't we run this as a pilot and if successful, we can start thinking about something similar in other areas.
    Will sticky your post and shift it to meet ups, if that's okay?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Yeah that be great thankyou Sez!!

Just had a better look at MKEC, it is a little more expensive but the facilities are better. Will get in touch with them next

Have just spoken to MKEC and it would be £40 per night inc fully bedded down stable & use of the facilities which doesn't seem bad to me. Also said they oculd do somehting on price for a group over 10.

Id love to come, may come and be a spectator however, I wonder if they will lend me a horse?
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

If someone local has a (reasonably sensible) neddy I could borrow, I'll happily pay the stabling fee
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

DavidH Guest

Juno is local